@thrasher I tried to delete the PM class before creating the GPS class but did nor help- still no gps values - is it feasible to have a software solution, may be not using high leven UIflow mycropython function.
Posts made by Efried
Guidance on operatinal mode
Please add Guidance about the modes in v6 of uiflow on the device:
- usb mode does not have automatic start of uploaded .py
- app mode allows start of a preloaded file
- internet mode may be outphased given the server problems
Even if the uploaded file does not start, it is correctliy uploaded?
RE: How to save data to SD-card
Would you mind adding some indication about control characters there, like "\r\n"
Please recognize that you promised fast prototyping using the M5Stack but now it is clear that:
- it is cumbersome, because the high level uiflow functions are not documented, and no working examples in micropython given to validate the high level functions
- the combination of modules was not testet (ok a lot of variants)
- the physical design has some flaws - the screen may brake when assembling, disassembling needs force - may be you may invent a receptacle with unlocking lever
Do you have a standard before selling modules for quality control, and a test plan?
RE: Avoid M5Stack - it is a waste of time
Thanks for the anwers. Frustration is high now after using the M5Stack for more than a year employing micropython. It seems that this is a good concept but very limited support and small sample code base for micropython compared to other languages. You have to guess the right usage of functions, some are changing underway (urequest). Fortunately the browser based upload had to be abandonned because of a the complex and unreliable system architecture. But it is not acceptable that new firmware versions are published where code upload is broken. Just hold that back.
And please publish examples using high level commands for every module:
I mastered now the PM module and the GPS module by trial and error , next I will try them together.
but the cellular module is either garbage or was not tested to be used with GPRS data transfer. Using all three modules together is another challenge, may be this will not work.
Since the broken screen and the bricked M5stack are differente devices I could exchange, given some support.
Avoid M5Stack - it is a waste of time
You get absolutely no documentation with the modules.
The firmware updates are erroneous and you may brick the M5stack when returning to a previous version, The IDE dows not know the latest version
The file upload does not work most of the time , only RUN works, but this is lost after disconnecting
when asembling the LCD cracks easily