UIFlow 1.7.3

• When was repaired bug with dissapearing wirtual keyboard on mobile browsers?

https://community.m5stack.com/topic/2454/online-uiflow-version-on-mobile-browsers-dissapearing-virtual-keyboard/3

• it's not serious, the bug with the PaHub has not been corrected. I found myself with two CORE2 and useless Pahub.
    Why market products that don't work?

• Hello @m5stack

thank you for letting us know about the latest UIFlow 1.7.3 firmware. I appreciate it.

It is however very unfortunate that the M5Core2 PaHub bug has not been addressed in this update. I'd appreciate if your engineers fix that bug in the next update.

Or, as stated already many times in many places, please open source the UIFlow code so we can help you fix issues like that.

Thank you for listening.

Felix

• @m5stack what has changed in the firmware as i cant use thonny and UIFlow at the same time in the 1.7 branch.

• @ajb2k3 Which device are you using? I'm using 1.7.x with Thonny on several devices but there are some differences (the m5stickc does not work with every usb-c cable I have for instance). The device needs to be in USB mode but you probably know that.
    Also it does not always work smoothly but it does work. Sometimes I need to restart the device after several times running my code. After resetting I need to use CTRL-C to get to REPL before I can upload and run my code. On the M5StickC, after pushing (uploading and starting, with F5) I need to CTRL-C again to stop the get standard interface and get my code running.
    I hope this helps for you. If there are simpler ways then please let me know!

• @ajb2k3 Argh great! I submitted a reply and the forum just discarded it without an error. I will type a quick recap: First of all - what device are you using? I'm using several devices on v1.7.x with thonny. It's not a smooth experience but it works. The procedure is not exactly the same for the different devices.
    On the M5StickC not all of my usb-c cables work. Also on that device, after F5 to upload and start, I need to use an extra CTRL+C to stop the uiflow interface on the device, before my code finally runs.
    I hope this helps you and if things can be done easier then I'd love to hear the suggestions / solutions as well!

• @weezer i was using stickc's on 1.6.3 and it worked well in uiflow and not usb mode.

• @jchipjonty said in UIFlow 1.7.3:

Just the online version then? As usual, the desktop version is not the same version as the online version. Features just appear or disappear with no explanation. I am finding learning with this equipment frustrating. Mention of education has been dropped from the website in the recent overhaul. All M5 seems interested in now is industrial applications and AWS. Hey ho, I guess they are a business and need to make money to survive.

Oh you must be new here :lol:

• @m5stack SDCard missing from the M5Paper.

• Hello @ajb2k3

I don't think M5CoreInk has an SD card, does it?

Thanks
    Felix

• @felmue opps, just edited as I though both had an sdcard.

• Hello guys

just found that UIFlow firmware 1.7.3.1 is available.

And Pa.HUB on M5Core2 now works. Yay!

Thank you very much M5Stack engineers.

Cheers
    Felix

• @felmue
    Please include the use of the PaHUB in the next release of the M5Stick C/plus and ATOM.
    Peter

• @felmue False joy ! the PaHUB is now recognized by CORE2 with 1.7.3.1.
    But only the first connected I2C module works, if you connect another I2C module it is in error. Tests carried out with Ultrasound, TOH amp, Joystick modules ... whatever I2C module you connect to in PAHUB0 is working, all the other ports are in error with message: Joystick unit maybe not connect or Ultrasound nit maybe not connect.

![0_1616000524477_P1110077.JPG](Uploading 100%)

0_1616000567828_2014d066-d5fe-4d48-a0e9-7356aff93071-image.png

• Hello @Peter

I'd love to. Unfortunately I am just a user like you w/o access to UIFlow source code.

Hopefully M5Stack engineers will look into that soon.

Thanks
    Felix

P.S. As a work-a-round in the Python tab you can modify the line for the unit connected to Pa.HUB manually. Not ideal but this works for me.
    E.g. from

AMeter0 = unit.get(unit.AMETER, unit.PORTA)

to

AMeter0 = unit.get(unit.AMETER, unit.PAHUB0)

• Hello @Arno

I think set pos X open is the wrong command. According to the help text it only opens one position and closes all others. Try set pos X state open instead.

Thanks
    Felix

• Just by adding the PaHUB + ultrasound + Joystick units without any line of code, I have an Ultrasonic unit maybe not connect error.
    It's the same with other I2C units

0_1616005925603_6d24ce61-d397-43a3-9088-7b79d33ed7f6-image.png

0_1616005750021_4f18a371-0bcc-4361-9482-122db643e218-image.png
    0_1616005954120_625ba321-1ef8-4b93-b823-a592b90a3e18-image.png
    0_1616005975205_fb7d8ae1-0a5c-4c33-9357-e543dbe08f0a-image.png
    0_1616006010848_39b058a7-478e-4c57-89b5-b4c99780f945-image.png

• Hello @Arno

I only have an ENV and Ameter unit and I can use them together just fine with the Pa.HUB and M5Core2.

• Do the units work ok, when used w/o Pa.HUB?
    • Does a single unit work on all ports of the Pa.HUB?
    • Are you sure you have your units connected to the correct ports?
    • Did you try to reset M5Core2 in case some previous code is running?

If it's only some units that fail I am afraid I cannot help as I don't have any other units to test with. Sorry.

Thanks
    Felix

• @m5stack Great Update!

I try AWS blocks on 1.7.3. In this version subscription don't work(MQTT connect and publish is fine)

Then I try 1.7.3.1. This version don't connect to AWS IoT Core.

0_1616029894713_m5stack-uiflow-error.png

Is there a way to see the device log?

• Hi @fonix232 @ajb2k3 @robalstona @Arno @felmue @weezer @Thrasher @Peter ,
    Sorry to everyone, today I will deal with the PAHUB problem, please forgive me for not solving it for a long time.
    Regarding the open source requirements you mentioned, I can't make a decision at present, please understand.