[WIP] M5ez Hello World.

• @r_255
    Dont know, you would have to ask rop but you can directly print the variable with one of the m5's lcd print commands.

• I did try it, but failed hard...
    thanks !

• @r_255[WIP] M5ez Hello World. 中说:

I did try it, but failed hard...
    thanks !

What code are you using?

• Any string that is supplied to any of M5ez's functions can also be a String variable.

So:

#include <M5ez.h>

void setup() {
      ez.begin();
    }

void loop() {
      String header = "Hello World !";
      ez.msgBox("M5ez minimal program", header, "Settings");
      ez.settings.menu();
    }

works as well as the version further above...

• Okay, i am going to try, as i want a value above my slider :O)
    Thanks !

• @Rop I can't get my example to work, can you help?
    I'm trying to use this image file
    hello.h file hosted on github.

But when I compile and upload, the image doesn't show. Can you see what i'm doing wrong?
    This is my code:

#include <M5ez.h>
    #include "hello.h"
    void setup() {
    ez.begin();
    ez.header.show("Hello World");
    }
    void loop() {
    ezMenu images;
    images.imgBackground(TFT_BLACK);
    images.imgFromTop(40);
    images.imgCaptionColor(TFT_WHITE);
    images.addItem(hello_jpg, "Hello World");
    images.run();
    }

• @ajb2k3 If I try your hello.h, it doesn't compile because of double commas that I had to take out first. After doing that, it doesn't display an image indeed. But your image also doesn't display if I do

m5.lcd.drawJpg((uint8_t *)hello_jpg, sizeof(hello_jpg));
    delay(2000);

In the setup() function. I don;t have the source JPG, but for now I'm assuming your JPG may be in a format that the M5Stack JPG library doesn't display, or something else is wrong with it.

Also: if you want the menu to have a header, you should add it in the declaration of the menu:

ezMenu images ("Hello World!");

The menu clears the screen before displaying anything when you run it. You'll rarely need to use ez.header.show if you use standard M5ez functionality.

• @rop[WIP] M5ez Hello World. 中说:

@ajb2k3 If I try your hello.h, it doesn't compile because of double commas that I had to take out first. After doing that, it doesn't display an image indeed. But your image also doesn't display if I do

m5.lcd.drawJpg((uint8_t *)hello_jpg, sizeof(hello_jpg));
    delay(2000);

In the setup() function. I don;t have the source JPG, but for now I'm assuming your JPG may be in a format that the M5Stack JPG library doesn't display, or something else is wrong with it.

Also: if you want the menu to have a header, you should add it in the declaration of the menu:

ezMenu images ("Hello World!");

The menu clears the screen before displaying anything when you run it. You'll rarely need to use ez.header.show if you use standard M5ez functionality.

Sorry, forgot the source jpg.
    alt text
    Interesting /\ the forum isn't showing the image above.
    I think it may be the conversion to array that is causing issues. I had this before but can't remember how I solved it. I also needed to check that it wasn't just my code that was at fault (excluding the hello.h)

I left the header clear to give more screen room.

MKII?
    alt text

• @ajb2k3 is this issue solved yet? I am also having difficulty adding image even using SPIFFS by imageSPIFFS example.

• @orthodudz I worked it out now and currently writing up how for my handbook project.
    I have managed to get an image to load without m5ez using UIFlow but you will need to see the face book group for the progress.