I tried to get my core2 working with uiflow 2 but also could not make much progress. I went back to latest uiflow 1.0 with no problems.
I write software, enjoy technology, love my wife and kids, learn something new everyday, and need to sleep more.
Posts made by sirspot
DMX_Base output is unstable
When I use the DMX_Base with the Core2 v1.12.1 and UIFlow 1.0 Latest (web interface), the output is not stable. I am using a tried-and-true Goddard Design Lil'DMXter to read the DMX512 data from the DMX_Base. It is able to accept the signal and can intermittently pick up the correct values. Some channels work better than others. For example, channel 4 seems to update steadily while channels 1 through 3 will rarely have the correct value. I have tested this only with the 3-pin XLR board. I have tested the following switch configurations
- S1 right, S2 right, S3 off
- S1 right, S2, right, S3 on
- S1 left, S2 left, S3 on
I have not tried Arduino yet but the website says "no official M5Stack library for the DMX512 module" so I am not sure that it would be a good idea to use Arduino instead of UIFlow. I suspect a software issue with the RS485 timing. Is this a known issue?
DMX deinit is missing delete_post
What device are you using?
What firmware are you using?
how did you burn the firmware into the device?
Version of UIFlow you are using
UIFlow 1.0 Latest (web interface)
Steps to re-production of the issue
Use DMX deinit as shown in m5stack official sample
The module is missing the following command
Attempting to call dmx.dmx_init without prior deinit will cause the system to crash
Please let me know when this is fixed.
RE: Cannot load "Hello World" program on M5Core2
I spent about and hour trying things and the best solution I could find was to manually copy the desired csv file to the build folder and then rebuild. I also had to turn off compiler warnings because it would treat them as errors.
Here are the details. The csv files are located in AppData/Local/Arduino15/packages/m5stack/hardware/esp32/2.0.5+1.0/tools/partitions. I used minimal.csv, copies it to the build folder, and renamed it to partitions.csv. That fixed it!
I hope this helps!