Thanks for the valuable information in this forum. I received my UnitV2 yesterday and was quite disappointed, but after reading your comments I feel that I'm not the only one:
- no AP (although promised)
- the USB-Network works fine under Linux (no extra driver required) and Windows (with proposed driver)
- the installation of the new firmware 20210604 was OK - but it destroyed 01-Introduction to M5Stack UnitV2.ipynb
- as m5stack-user I can't even delete a file in the /home/xxxx directories. sudo fails too.
- root user works fine but who wants to work as root?
- tests with jupyter notebook were sometimes successful but most session ended with a kernel crash. I was able to save an image as jpg but matplotlib didn't work.
So, conclusio for now: let's wait for the next update of the firmware.