Members Introductions aka The Icebreaker discussion.

• Hi,ALL!!!
    My name is Yoshiaki Shioiri from Japan.
    I live in Shenzhen / China and part time work at M5Stack.
    I was an engineer in Japan. But now, I mainly translate the documents into Japanese.

I like M5Bala. But I can't understand sensor fusion...what is quarternion??
    Please tell me good web site to study sensor fusion!!

Thank you!!

• Hi All, I'm Luke from the UK. I've been living in Shenzhen China for the past 6 or so years.
    During that time I've learnt a lot about electronics, programming and manufacturing just
    from being in Shenzhen and being curious.

I now work for M5Stack full time. I mainly focus on promoting M5Stack as a tool for the
    STEM classroom. However being a tinkerer I'm always happy to mess around with our
    devices and see what I can create. I feel M5Stack has lowered the barrier for me to do
    otherwise complex projects and it has given me a real motivation to learn Python.

My coding skills are still not great but I manage to get by and hope we can foster a spirit
    of sharing in this community where we can all learn from each other

Best

Luke

• Hello! Antonio from Portugal. I am a veterinarian so I understand very little of what I'm doing ehehe. I use this mostly for fun though, so it's alright!

• Welcome Antonio and Bom Dia. We are all here to help, don't hesitate to ask when your stuck here, no matter how basic you may think the question is there are learners of all levels here.

I'm curious do you see any potential applications of our tech in your line of work? I was thinking maybe the heart rate sensor could be useful to track the pets wellbeing or perhaps the gps unit paired with the M5stick to keep a track of the position of the animals.

If you have any ideas we can support you as best as we can in the development.

Best

Luke

• HI my name is Jason
    I live and work in Los Angeles. I am a professor at the artcenter college of design in Pasadena. I plan to use the stack to replace in one of my classes in the fall term. I think the first thing that intrigued me about the m5stack was the thoughtful design. It will be great to see how the students use it. I also have a business called machinehistories(www.machinehistories.com). We sometimes incorporate electronics into the various projects we make. The thing that excites me most is how having an awareness of basic coding concepts helps us see how nature (the world around us) is entirely encoded. I think this helps us appreciate things in a far more active way. I think people like Turing and von Neumann spoke to this over 70 years ago but now with having an M5stack you can program something like cellular automata and understand what they were talking about. Anyways I am getting way too off topic. Let me just say thanks for a great product and thanks to all those that contribute to pushing it's use.

• @jpilarski Welcome, I am interested in what you and your class can come up with.
    I am working on a handbook and would be interested in any ideas that you may have that can be incorporated into the book in order to make it usable for education.

• @lukasmaximus I have done some things, I have used a pulsimeter sensor with a grove connector and used it to measure heart frequency with a m5stack, that automatically uploads the data to blynk and to a influxdb database that I can see through grafana. I'd like to see more sensores, maybe some sensors to measure more data adapted to animals :) The GPS for example is a good idea, but it would need to be something smaller, and maybe with a gsm module as well! I'd buy that immediately!

• @lastcaress
    Because the M5Stack use the Seeedstudio Grove system you can make use of any grove based addons and now with the like of JLPCB you can make your own with simple tools.
    @lukasmaximus still waiting on boards and components for the tutorial.

• @ajb2k3 I know, I bought a lot of grove connecting thinggies :D It's great how things come together!

• @lukasmaximus Also, bom dia :D Stick a tiny gps unit into a m5stack stick and I'll approve it, so you can sell it as a veterinarian-approved gps tracked :P

• Hi M5Stack Faces here, pretty cool. I'm in USA and have played around with iOT projects of various nature, Arduino and others. Mostly, I like to collect mini computers; PocketChip, Arduboy, Gole1, RasPi Zero W, and of course I have an M5StickC on the way from the official store! A while back I took a C++ course and am currently working my way through a Python 3 book but I only really program for fun. I use various tools and languages across many platforms to accomplish some crazy things. Thanks for having me hope we can all grow and learn together.

• Hello to everyone here.
    My name is Reiner, I live and work in Germany. I work as an assembler for a company that manufactures hall cranes. I think the M5Stack is great, not like the Arduino loose circuit board and so on, but the m5Stack and the sensors all compact and well thought out packed in housings.
    Unfortunately I don't always have so much time and I would be happy if sometime a manual and also UIFlow would appear translated into German.
    I have a little knowledge of Arduino, but I am not the great programmer.
    Since I also have other hobbies like 3D printing with the Anycubic Photon,i3 Mega S and the Chiron and milling with a portal milling machine for model making (Stepcraft-2/D.420).

I'm just fascinated by writing, programming, drawing and when it's done the printer or the milling machine or the M5Stack does it.

And the possibilities are almost unlimited because there are so many sensors, I'm still at the beginning and have to understand the M5Stack, unfortunately there are only books about the ESP32, but maybe it will change when there are more people who use it.

Maybe someone here has a tip how and where I can learn the M5Stack and programming , would then like to program with Arduino or UIFlow !!

• @skink Hi, I am currently working on the UIFlow book in english and hope to release a german version along side a polish and english version before the year is out.

• @ajb2k3
    I know that I should be more familiar with English, because when it comes to programming, it will always be in English see Arduino programming software and of course UIFlow.
    I've already downloaded your manual if not yet finished and sent it through the translator, that's a really big help.
    Thank you very much for your efforts in advance!

• @ajb2k3
    By the way, the software for the IOT Demo Board
    revised in the meantime and works now !
    There is a new version at Github.

I had written to "support@m5stack.com" and they took a closer look at the program and the bug during compilation were fixed!

• @skink Glad its of use. I'm currently passed the main book to work on a pure UIFlow version. I will be posting an update to it later but after that there wont be any updates until December.
    I have someone who has offered to help me with the German version so that will be of help.

• @skink said in Members Introductions aka The Icebreaker discussion.:

@ajb2k3
    By the way, the software for the IOT Demo Board
    revised in the meantime and works now !
    There is a new version at Github.

I had written to "support@m5stack.com" and they took a closer look at the program and the bug during compilation were fixed!

I started work on a uiflow guide for the demo board but ran out of time to keep working on it.

• @ajb2k3 No problem, they work on several projects at the same time, so one or the other project has to wait.
    But as I said with the Arduino version for the test board, everything works!

• @skink Thats because the initial source was released in c and so is easy to port to arduino. In Micropyton (and UIFLOW by extension) it is taking longer for the code to be written.

• Hi my name is Luenardi.
    I have been tinkering with tech since i was in diapers.
    I'm from south africa born in a humble home in johannesburg.

My interests vary from soldering valves to coding in bare asm.
    I lost my right arm 3 years ago after a accident at work due to stress.
    I collapsed and shattered my arm.

Been learning about how AI is helping people with prosthetic arms.

i love the modular design of m5stack products.
    Ui flow is quite handy for quick prototyping.

i enjoy building small spider bots and tampering with AR