(ESPHome) Missing header file for Atom Lite?

• Hi

i used copied code to operate my Atom Lite with ESPHome for several months now, but now I have to change some smaller things but I´m no longer able to compile this code.
    Out of my understanding the esp_aduino_version.h is missing which is included by the the fastled option which everybody seems to use for the Atom Lite.

I could not find this header file in the mentioned registry so unable to copy it to a local system.

Can you support and say what is wrong in my case for the Atom Lite and ESPHome?

Big Thx!

INFO Reading configuration /opt/iobroker/iobroker-data/esphome.0/esp32-flur.yaml...
    INFO Generating C++ source...
    INFO Compiling app...
    Processing esp32-flur (board: m5stack-core-esp32; framework: arduino; platform: platformio/espressif32 @ 5.2.0)

HARDWARE: ESP32 240MHz, 320KB RAM, 4MB Flash

• toolchain-xtensa-esp32 @ 8.4.0+2021r2-patch3
      LDF: Library Dependency Finder -> https://bit.ly/configure-pio-ldf
      Dependency Graph
      |-- AsyncTCP-esphome @ 1.2.2
      |-- WiFi @ 2.0.0
      |-- FS @ 2.0.0
      |-- Update @ 2.0.0
      |-- ESPAsyncWebServer-esphome @ 2.1.0
      | |-- AsyncTCP-esphome @ 1.2.2
      |-- DNSServer @ 2.0.0
      |-- ESPmDNS @ 2.0.0
      |-- ArduinoJson @ 6.18.5
      |-- FastLED @ 3.3.2
      Compiling .pioenvs/esp32-flur/libe2e/FastLED/FastLED.cpp.o
      Compiling .pioenvs/esp32-flur/libe2e/FastLED/bitswap.cpp.o
      Compiling .pioenvs/esp32-flur/libe2e/FastLED/colorpalettes.cpp.o
      In file included from .piolibdeps/esp32-flur/FastLED/led_sysdefs.h:48,
      from .piolibdeps/esp32-flur/FastLED/FastLED.h:41,
      from .piolibdeps/esp32-flur/FastLED/FastLED.cpp:2:
      /home/iobroker/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif32/cores/esp32/Arduino.h:32:10: fatal error: esp_arduino_version.h: No such file or directory

#include "esp_arduino_version.h"
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    compilation terminated.
    *** [.pioenvs/esp32-flur/libe2e/FastLED/FastLED.cpp.o] Error 1
    Compiling .pioenvs/esp32-flur/libe2e/FastLED/colorutils.cpp.o
    from .piolibdeps/esp32-flur/FastLED/bitswap.cpp:2:
    /home/iobroker/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif32/cores/esp32/Arduino.h:32:10: fatal error: esp_arduino_version.h: No such file or directory

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    compilation terminated.
    *** [.pioenvs/esp32-flur/libe2e/FastLED/bitswap.cpp.o] Error 1
    from .piolibdeps/esp32-flur/FastLED/colorpalettes.cpp:4:

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    compilation terminated.
    *** [.pioenvs/esp32-flur/libe2e/FastLED/colorpalettes.cpp.o] Error 1
    from .piolibdeps/esp32-flur/FastLED/colorutils.cpp:7:

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    compilation terminated.
    *** [.pioenvs/esp32-flur/libe2e/FastLED/colorutils.cpp.o] Error 1
    ========================== [FAILED] Took 5.19 seconds ==========================

• Hi

a tried to reduce the esphome code to a minimum e.g. just a binary sensor to identify the problems but by doing this I recognized that even a minimum of code is not compiled and therefore a M5 Stack Atom Lite is not usable for me any longer.

Can somebody post an example code which is working from a new up to date environment?

searching the web only gives me example latest from 2021 and I guess that the platform/board isn´t working anymore?

esphome:
    name: m5atomlite
    platform: ESP32
    board: m5stack-core-esp32

Thank you very much!

• Hello @Dieter_P

Note: I do not have a lot of experience with esphome. I just installed it on my Linux system and created a project. Unfortunately I cannot recreate the error you are getting. That said, I noticed that your project doesn't seem to use the latest version of FastLED. Maybe forcing it to download the latest (3.5.0) might help? Below are the first few lines of the mytest.yaml file that I was using:

esphome:
      name: mytest
      libraries:
        - FastLED @3.5.0

esp32:
      board: m5stack-atom
      framework:
        type: arduino

Thanks
    Felix

• @felmue Thank you very much!

It´s very frustrating for me at the moment and I´m not confident to come closer to a solution.

What I recognized that the compiling error has nothing to do with the Atom Lite because by just testing very simple other platforms the compiling also does not work. So I´m having a huge problem with my ESPHome environment and not able to fix it.

So I used another test environment and there it´s possible to compile this code without errors. But I´m not able to flash this .bin file to my Atom Lite.

I used the ESPHome flasher and after flashing it running into some kind of boot loop.

1162-mmu-set-00010000-pos-00010000 etc etc.

Google searches leads me to an uncorrect flash access setting but the suggestions for the official ESP32 flasher seems not to solve this issue.

Tried to flash at a USB2 or USB3 Port but without any success and it´s getting really annoying. Really looking for a very simple step to start with a success and then move forward step by step. I mean I have a ready .bin file in place and it can´t be so complex to bring it succesfull to a EsP32 Pico D4 like the Atom Lite. Have done it before without such huge problems.

Really appreciate your hints. Best regards

• Hi Dieter,

Do you have any new information about this topic. I‘m struggeling with the same problem, that i can‘t flash from ESPHome to my Atom Lite ESP32 IoT DevKit (Esp32 pico).