Pahub not recognized on port SDA21/SCL22 (uiflow 1.9.1) - help needed

• I am limited in number of ports for my project, I have to use I2C with internal ports 21/22.
    When I declare in Uiflow a PaHUB alone on 21/22, I don't get an error message. But if I declare in Uiflow a Pahub and an Extend i/o unit on the Pahub, I systematically get an error message on the CORE2 "Pahub unit may be not connected".
    If I connect and declare the Pahub whith extend i/o on port A it works.
    I need several Extend i/o, I have no other solution than the PaHUB.
    I tried to modify the I2C address of an extend i/o (0x25), but Uifow does not recognize it, it looks for it on 0x27 (possible to change that?)
    A little help would be appreciated

• Hello @Arno

I don't think this kind of setup will work with the current UiFlow version. I tried many things to trick the PbHub being recognized on a PaHub connected to 21/22.

That said, the trouble actually starts before that. Even with only a PaHub connected and setup to use 21/22 below code either crashes my M5Core2 after a short time or it shows an I2C bus error (110). I think the UiFlow firmware and the micropython code both trying to use the I2C bus at the same time is causing this.

from m5stack import *
    from m5stack_ui import *
    from uiflow import *
    import unit

screen = M5Screen()
    screen.clean_screen()
    screen.set_screen_bg_color(0xFFFFFF)
    pahub_0 = unit.get(unit.PAHUB, (21,22))

while True:
      pahub_0.select(0, 1)
      wait_ms(2)

Thanks
    Felix

• Thanks @felmue

The PaHUB solution on internal I2C 21/22 does not seem to be the right solution.
    I only have to use two EXTEND I/O with two different addresses, but Uiflow only recognizes address 0x27.
    Do you have an example of using EXTEND I/O with the I2C master functions of Uiflow without going through the declaration of an EXTEND I/O unit.
    I only need the 8 I / O input and to read their status

0_1644764900756_db71af6f-e651-4726-89cf-6cfc78fd0c7b-image.png

an example of use would be very useful

• Hello @Arno

I am sorry, I cannot help you on this one - I don't have the EXTEND I/O unit to test.

That said, you might get some idea how to talk to it through I2C by looking at the Arduino example?

Thanks
    Felix