Some questions...

1. What is the difference between M5GO V2.6 and ESP32 Basic Core V2.6?
    2. Is M5GO/FIRE Battery Bottom and M5GO/FIRE Battery Bottom Charging Base compatible with ESP32 Basic Core V2.6?
    3. Is I2C address adjustment (dual address adjustment supported ) and can we achieve six-axis control by stacking two Stepmotor Driver Module (HR8825) similarly like GRBL Module 13.2 Stepmotor Driver (DRV8825)?

• 1 - None,
    2 - Yes,
    3 - Yes, if you change the I2c address on one unit, you can use both for 6 axis but you will need to add an external supply to only one module as the power will be passed through the MBUS.

• Hello @NilZ

1. apart from the M5Stack color (white vs. black) there is no difference - you can double-check that yourself as for both the schematic link is the same.
    2. yes
    3. no, the I2C address is fixed to 0x27. There are no dip switches or solder pads to change the I2C address I can see. That said, in the schematic you'll see that the chip doing I2C has three address pins but they are all tied to VCC.

Thanks
    Felix

• @felmue said in Some questions...:

Hello @NilZ

1. apart from the M5Stack color (white vs. black) there is no difference - you can double-check that yourself as for both the schematic link is the same.
    2. yes
    3. no, the I2C address is fixed to 0x27. There are no dip switches or solder pads to change the I2C address I can see. That said, in the schematic you'll see that the chip doing I2C has three address pins but they are all tied to VCC.

Thanks
    Felix

The GRBL has a set of dip switches that are used to change the I2c address from 0x70 to 0x71

alt text
    https://docs.m5stack.com/en/module/grbl13.2

• Hello @ajb2k3

correct, but @NilZ was asking about the Stepmotor Driver Module (HR8825). Or did I miss something?

Thanks
    Felix

Hello @ajb2k3

correct, but @NilZ was asking about the Stepmotor Driver Module (HR8825). Or did I miss something?

Thanks
    Felix

Ahh, I sread the 13.2 on the bottom line and thought that was what he was asking about.
    However, the firmware is available here: https://github.com/m5stack/stepmotor_module/tree/master/Firmware for stepmotor module/GRBL-Arduino-Library
    and you can change the address in grblmain.cpp by editing

#define I2C_ADDR 0x73

to

#define I2C_ADDR 0x71

or any other available i2c address and the address is handled by the atmega328 controller.

• Hello @ajb2k3

I think you might still be thinking about the wrong module. (I know it's a bit confusing as both these modules are listed on the specs page.)

The Stepmotor Driver Module (HR8825) uses an TCA9554 and not an STM32. So no open source firmware as far as I can see.

Thanks
    Felix

Hello @ajb2k3

I think you might still be thinking about the wrong module. (I know it's a bit confusing as both these modules are listed on the specs page.)

The Stepmotor Driver Module (HR8825) uses an TCA9554 and not an STM32. So no open source firmware as far as I can see.

Thanks
    Felix

I think you may be thinking of the servo module as the ones I have and the product title shows AATMEGA328
    0_1642866371685_Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 15.44.52.png
    the 13.2 uses the STM32