M5Paper end of life?

• Just received the following notification from Digi-Key:

You have purchased the following part number from Digi-Key within the last two years. The manufacturer has announced an update to the part status.
    Part Affected
    Manufacturer M5STACK TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD
    Description M5PAPER ESP32 DEV KIT 4.7"E-INK
    Manufacturer Part Number K049
    Digi-Key Part Number 2221-K049-ND
    Status Obsolete
    Substitutes Please click here

Digging around leads to: https://media.digikey.com/pdf/PCNs/M5Stack/PCN20210513-01.pdf

Which contains: "The display driver chipset for K049 cannot be purchased and supplier from our vendor any more. We will look for new display driver as the alternative material. This version will stop for sale. "

• M5Stack

Yes. That's true. We are sad about that.

• Are we going to see another version?

I've been hunting for something like this for years, and I stopped checking for a few months, just to find you'd released and discontinued the product during that short window I was away!

I would gladly pay to get a new version, and I can see more uses for this product than most other parts of the M5 Lineup.
    As it is I'm paying a premium to get a model from a distributor with leftover stock.

• @davec said in M5Paper end of life?:

Are we going to see another version?

I've been hunting for something like this for years, and I stopped checking for a few months, just to find you'd released and discontinued the product during that short window I was away!

I would gladly pay to get a new version, and I can see more uses for this product than most other parts of the M5 Lineup.
    As it is I'm paying a premium to get a model from a distributor with leftover stock.

Yes, A never version is already in development and the first photo appeared on twitter this weekend.