Upload time out

• Hi, now I am try to upload in windows system but failed several times.
    The messege is as following :
    esptool.py v2.1
    Connecting.....................................................

A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: Timed out waiting for packet header
    A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: Timed out waiting for packet header

I felt the M5 was rebooting during upload.
    What's going on it?
    Please let me know.

• I have the same problem.
    a brand new M5STACK core, with Arduino1.8.5 + library M5Stack from github + driver Linux_3.x.x_4.x.x_VCP from silabs.com, I got error message:

Archiving built core (caching) in: /tmp/arduino_cache_375208/core/core_espressif_esp32_esp32_FlashMode_qio,FlashFreq_80,FlashSize_4M,UploadSpeed_921600,DebugLevel_none_41c73171d0dd7eab7864b998a89c78d5.a
    Sketch uses 135724 bytes (10%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1310720 bytes.
    Global variables use 10592 bytes (3%) of dynamic memory, leaving 284320 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 294912 bytes.
    esptool.py v2.1
    Connecting.....................................................

I'm total lost.

Dev under Debian9 x64.

• Если у Вас Win7, то установите драйвер версии 5.40.24. И проверьте версию через диспетчер устройств. Так же попробуйте во время процесса нажать кнопку питания на M5Stack.

If You have Win7, then install the driver version 5.40.24. And check the version through the device Manager. Also try during the process, press the power button on M5Stack.

• @dimiUpload time out 中说:

Hi dimi, thank you for your reply, could you please tell me where to get the driver version 5.40.24? I can not find it in the silabs homepage.

• @zuobiao please read the Lesson 1. Everything is written: http://forum.m5stack.com/topic/40/lesson-1-the-beginning-of-the-work

• @dimi
    Thanks for Dimi, I did not read the Lesson 1 before.

I just follow all steps for the lesson, under windows 7, with driver 5.40.24, using Arduino1.8.5 downloaded directly from m5stack.com, I can total compil the example code "hello world", but always rejected during flashing.

Is there any possibility that my M5Stack has material default?

• OK, now I totally understand where the blocking is:

"VWMare"

I use vmware images for all dev stuff, it's more neat when I work between different computers. however, I did not realise that vmware add an intermedia traitment between usb device and guest OS, I thought it was connected directly.

So solution is simple, I have to compile my codes under Windows (win10 x64) or Linux (Ubuntu 16.0.4), both work well, but never under vmware.

• Maybe also in your case also this workaround helps during using VMware.