Unable to run UIFlow or M5Burner on Win10

• I have downloaded both M5Burner.zip and UIFlow-Desktop-IDE. After extraction(s) I am unable to run either applications, UIFlow-Desktop-IDE.exe and M5Burner.exe. When double clicking the files I see a wait icon for a few seconds and nothing happens. I also tried running from command promt. I have attempted running as administrator as well as using all compatibility settings available.

Any ideas? I must be missing the obvious but simply don't see it.

• You need to download M5Burner from inside UIFlow (online) the extract to a folder. Copy m5burner.exe and uiflow into the folder over writing existing files.

• @ajb2k3

The m5burner file download from UIFlow is the same zip file I posted. Never the less, I have extracted both files to their folder, M5Burner (download via UIFlow web interface) and UIFlow-Desktop-IDE. You say to copy m5burner.exe and UIFlow-Desktop-IDE.exe to the folder. Which folder are you referring to? Sorry, this makes no sense to me.

I watched the offline version video, contained in the UIflow web app. I downloaded, extracted and double clicked on the file exactly as you did. The app ran for you but not for me.

Sorry I'm not understanding what your trying to explain. Thanks for your prompt reply!

• Its not a problem with antivirus ?
    Or simple run As Administrator ?

As i remember at very first run my Norton AV cry and ask about what todo after start ide and burner.

Lem us know with Windows build you have. I have no problems on 10.0.16299.1365 and latest insider fast ring.

• @mati That is an excellent idea! Unfortunately, I just tried disabling my antivirus and firewall without success. In fact, I tried running the files on my Wife's laptop (Windows 7) and had the same issue. As far as running as administrator, I previously tried this as well. Below is the operating system details as requested. However, since it didn't run on another PC using a different OS I doubt it's related to which system I'm using. Thanks for the reply. It was in fact something I had not considered.

Edition: Windows 10 Home
    Version: 1803
    OS Build: 17134.950

• Hi @zorfox, during first start up of my m5stack i went also in problems with m5burner.

On a second laptop the m5burner runs well.

Then back to the first laptop it runs, but i took an other usb-port.

Test other usb-ports at your pc, may be that this is the problems solution.

• @zorfox said in Unable to run UIFlow or M5Burner on Win10:

@mati That is an excellent idea! Unfortunately, I just tried disabling my antivirus and firewall without success. In fact, I tried running the files on my Wife's laptop (Windows 7) and had the same issue. As far as running as administrator, I previously tried this as well. Below is the operating system details as requested. However, since it didn't run on another PC using a different OS I doubt it's related to which system I'm using. Thanks for the reply. It was in fact something I had not considered.

Edition: Windows 10 Home
    Version: 1803
    OS Build: 17134.950

ok let's go deeper ..
    M5Burner after small debug looks like need a Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=48145

since i have visual studio code installed all old and C++ stuff is installed.
    Try to follow this path. This is strange we have nothing about req to run this. Also node.js is installed on my both systems.

And some more...
    Inside M5burner after repack in root folder we have M5burner.exe with is shortcut to \bin\M5Burner.exe with is 91 758KB file. i guess you have try it as well.

M5burner looks like its node.js electron .exe so try to check in %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps if there is any crash file with m5burner.exe

Ultimate solution and tryout is grab this VM winsows 10 with all visual studio stuff:
    https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/virtual-machines

reffer:
    The file signature has been detected,signature: Microsoft Visual C# v7.0 / Basic .NET,5
    https://electronjs.org/docs/tutorial/windows-store-guide system req spec to run electron .exe

And last one if you are working on Acer NB/DT check this out ;D
    https://github.com/electron-userland/electron-prebuilt-compile/issues/36

• @mati Hello Mati,

Thanks for your reply and I'm sorry for the delayed response.

I did have the C++ redistributable installed, Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable (x86) 14.0.24215.1. I have Visual studio installed on this machine. Therefore, I have many of the libraries such as C++, J#, .NET framework, etc. My OS is also up to date on all the updates, including the anniversary update which appears to be needed for electron applications.

I did not have node.js installed. I went ahead and installed it. However, I am still experiencing the same issue.

Running the \bin\M5Burner.exe file displays a prompt,
    "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher."
    This does not appear when running the shortcut executable.

I did not have any M5burner dump files. I did have several for UIflow however. I can send them to you if need be. I'm not able to read nor understand the contents of the report(s).

The virtual machine is a good idea. Unfortunately, my internet speed is only 10mbs and a few gigabytes would take ALONG time. Even if it worked it would not solve my primary issue.

As far as the machine I use, it's not an ACER. It's a desktop that I put together myself.

I appreciate all your effort!

• @zorfox i have bad news for you, all works fine in VM, please check it out, after launch m5burner.exe i have to confirm and expand More info to run it. Then windows will recognize what is missing and autodownload will take a action. At end after relaunch all is fine ...

Did you saw this ?
    0_1567271093001_93b220f1-d81c-4c1d-9b4f-a03efc0712e4-image.png

VM from MS have to be pimped to 8GB of Vram and 8 vCPU's, default 2G and 1CPU was to lazy.

text alternatywny

In any case of follow up i have no clue what else we can do. Its last chance in M5stack tech support via mail.

• Hi,
    Its might caused by the 'windows defender' set at a high-security level. Try to lower the security level.

At the top item unselect forbidden to warning.

0_1568023826317_WechatIMG289.png