Servo type Digital/Analogue

• Hello,
    I was looking at the documentation on the servo module, i did not find anywhere which type to use (digital/Analogue). Anyone have tried Digital servo 360 on this module ?. I bought 2 of them and tried to do a simple loop to turn 90 degree, the servo keeps rotating 360 continuously, any help will be much appreciated.

M5Stack Servo Driver Module
    Arduino Compatible Metal Gear Digital - 360

• @santoshym The 360's are just motors and have no position control, they are just on or off.
    for position control you need the servo 180.

• Thanks, I brought a wrong servo then.

• @Santoshym sounds like you bought a continuous rotation servo. Regular servos which have a limited range will have a small potentiometer inside which is connected to the drive shaft. You can have a look inside, it's possible to modify but a little tricky

• I have 2 servo 360, did a simple loop, changing the value to 90 stops the servo any other value spins constantly. This also has a pot, i have not tried changing the value.

• @santoshym I have the 360 servos aswell but the control boards have been removed from the servos so speed control isn't possible.

• I have done the same mistake. Is it possible to control the speed? and the rotation direction?

• @guit said in Servo type Digital/Analogue:

I have done the same mistake. Is it possible to control the speed? and the rotation direction?

Yes, with the 360 servo, this flow will rotate both directions at varying speeds. 1500 is the stop point. Values below 1000 or above 2000 didn't seem to affect the speed.

Clockwise: 1000 (fast) to 1400 (slow), then 1500 (stopped)
    Counter-clockwise: 1500 (stopped), then 1600 (slow) to 2000 (fast)

0_1599094367951_Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 8.48.03 PM.png