M5Core3 Factory Test

• @sheepdog I think there are now many users who have received their CoresS3 orders but no way of programming them yet. It looks so promising but it's useless at the moment. The silence/lack of updated info is somewhat worrying.

• I have checked but no update yet to UIFlow 2 but as UIFlow 1 just been updated I expect an update soon

The core S3 was released to coincide with the Japan tour and as the programmers were on the tour, they had no time to work on UIFlow while in Japan

I have also been busy and only just got started on a guide document

• @ajb2k3 I'm not looking for UIFlow 1 or 2, but "only" the one example that is also installed on the M5Core3. I am aware that a new product needs some time to create the documentation and software.

• @sheepdog The factory source code is not UIFlow, the factory was written in ardunio. and the source for the compiled firmware in M5Burner should be at that GitHub link.

• @ajb2k3 The factory source is not at the GitHub link " https://github.com/m5stack/M5CoreS3" or I didn't found it. I found their only utilities and little (!) examples, but not the whole "factorytest.ino"

• Any update on when the Factory Test code will be available ? Love this new Dev Kit!
    THX

• Hello @sheepDog

I've put together some code which takes the camera picture and puts it onto the LCD of the M5CoreS3. You can find it here.

Thanks
    Felix

• Hallo @felmue,
    nice to meet you here again. What software did you use for your example? "Arduino IDE 2.1.0" and library "M5Stack V2.07."?

• Hello @sheepDog

I am not an Arduino IDE user. I use VSCode and PlatformIO. So all I can tell you is that I use the latest Arduino Espressif Framework. E.g.

framework-arduinoespressif32 @ 3.20009.0 (2.0.9)

It is unfortunate that the version number of the Arduino IDE is almost similar and also the hardware revision of the M5Stack is close. As it is creating a lot of confusion.

If I am correct then:

• Arduino IDE 2.1.0 is solely the version of the IDE and does not per se say anything about which Arduino Espressif framework version is used.
    • M5Stack V2.07 is the latest hardware revision M5Stack is selling.

Thanks
    Felix

• @uktechguy
    correct. That's called product placement.
    No matter if the software is avaialble, ripe or not.
    There are other new products with the ESP32 S3 pushed on the market, also without software support or only with a small demo app.

• @sgu
    Yes, this is pure product placement with a few simple examples.

I use the Arduino IDE 2.1.0 and this standards:

"/Users/*/M5Core3/CamToLCD/CamToLCD.ino:6:10: fatal error: M5CoreS3.h: No such file or directory
     #include <M5CoreS3.h>
              ^~~~~~~~~~~~
    compilation terminated.

I looked at the Library at directory "/Users/*/Library/Arduino15/staging/libraries" and found no M5Core3-Code-patterns!

• Hello @sheepDog

you'll need to download / install the M5CoreS3 library into you IDE. (Not sure how this is done in Arduino IDE though.)

Thanks
    Felix

• Hello @felmue,
    I know the part M5CoreS3 Library and the examples. With some effort I would get it working for the Arduino IDE, but this means a lot of manual work.
    I am looking for a working environment for easy examples.