So much noise!

• I know the m5stack has some issues with noise, but I can't seem to be able to fix this. I have tried dacWrite(25, 0); with no success. Basically I'm reading the values of the joystick and everytime the m5stack reads from the i2c it makes a clicking noise. Since it reads about 5 times per second it gets really annoying... (via arduino IDE). Is there a way to reduce this noise? Thanks!

• Haven't tested, but you may want to check out this thread.

• The dacWrite does nothing. When I try an equivalent sketch in the ui flow it works. But reading from i2c in arduino just makes very annyoing noise (and not just the background hiss sound, I can live with that one...)

• I'm an idiot and it's apparently the wifi traffic that makes this irritating noise. When I use the flow UI it isn't there, but with arduino ide it always happens.

• I can confirm that : I use Arduino IDE and I also hear noise while communicating with WiFi. I also tried the dacwrite instruction without any success. I don't want to do a hardware mod but this is annoying...

• @crazyhorse80So much noise! 中说:

I can confirm that : I use Arduino IDE and I also hear noise while communicating with WiFi. I also tried the dacwrite instruction without any success. I don't want to do a hardware mod but this is annoying...

I think there's hope for a software fix, because if I use the Flow interface, wifi doesn't seem to make any sound. But the flow isn't useful for me in my particular scenario :\

• Author of the aforementioned thread here.

The hardware mod is the only solution for complete silence - the amplifier inputs will always pick up noise from something.

If you look at commercial DAC + amplifier ICs, they also mute the amplifier after a period of silence so it's a common issue.