M5Burner JavaScript Error

• I am trying to use M5Burner (version 2.3.0) on Mac OS Monterey (version 12.3.1) to burn the UIFlow firmware to my M5Stack BASIC. The firmware downloads successfully, but when I click 'Burn' or 'Configuration' I receive the following JavaScript error:

Uncaught Exception:
    Error: spawn python ENOENT
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:264:19)
    at onErrorNT (internal/child_process.js:456:16)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:80:21)

I have installed the latest Silicon Labs VCP driver.

I have tried suggestions to ensure Python is installed correctly and any python alias to python3 is specified in my .zshrc file, but nothing works. My Python version, incidentally, is 3.8.9.

Is there a way around this problem? Thank you in advance.

• Python has been removed in the latest Mac OS update. You need to specify the path to python 3 in the M5Burner script. You just need to know where to change it. The same problem appeared in arduino ide.

• In the latest version. M5Burner macOS x64 v3.0. this issue has been fixed.

• Ok, I have got to the bottom of this error and will have a written guide coming soon but will have to wait to get my MAcbookpro repaired before making a video.

The error is caused on OS X buy not having Xcode, Xcode extensions and Python not being installed and set up correctly.

• I have Ubuntu 22.04 and to solve it I created a symbolic link from /usr/bin/python3 to /usr/bin/python.

M5 Burner tries to use the "python" command and gets an error, because the existing command is "python3". With the symbolic link this is resolved.