IR Block Problem with Built in IR LED

• What device are you using? mention the device type, purchase date can be useful as well.
    • M5StickC+ purchase about a year ago or so
    • What firmware are you using? how did you burn the firmware into the device?
    • firmware 1.8.8 installed today via m5Burner
    • Version of UIFlow you are using
    • Steps to re-production of the issue so we could test it as well
    • See Below
    • If it's network / connection issue please make sure to state the country, might be CDN issue or servers issues.
    • Network is fine
    • Example code if you have one, what you are trying to run so we could re-produce it. When you post your code, make sure to format it properly so we could read it. another option will be to upload it to a website like pastebin.com so we could read it properly.
    • See below

I’m trying to use the IR block with the built in IR LED. The address doesn’t seem to be sending properly. If I use an address that is less than 0x00FF it sends the first 8bits in the opposite order and then the second 8bits as an inversion of the first 8bits. If I use an address greater than 0x00FF it sends 0xFF00 which I think is an error code.

I believe this the issue is that the code is handling the address like the data (which uses an inverted pair for error checking purposes)

Also the data is being sent backwards too; but that is easy to work around.

Example:
    If I send the address 0x0001 I get 0x807F
    In binary: 0000 0000 0000 0001 goes to 1000 0000 0111 1111

Code:
    Codet
    UI Setupt
    Arduino showing recieved data

I’m using the setup from this page to test my code: [https://simple-circuit.com/arduino-nec-remote-control-decoder/](link url)

I need to send the Address: C1AA

• Hello @cmspooner

there are two NEC protocols (standard and extended). There is a good explanation here.

I've tested the IR block with an M5StickCPlus and a device using standard NEC protocol and it worked as expected.

I have a feeling that only standard NEC format is supported and your address seem to be of the extended NEC variant.

Thanks
    Felix

• Thank you so much for your insight. Is python fast enough to manually blink the led, or would I have to re-write the protocol in C to make it work?

• Hello @cmspooner

I don't know enough about Python to answer this question. Sorry.

Thanks
    Felix