Awesome can we share this or do you want to keep the testing to a small number of people?
It should be ready for use, by "testing" I've meant I would like to get some information if any issue is detected or any improvement is wanted.
I've already found a small "bug", if hebrew characters are included the wrong C file is generated (caused by right to left writting), the bynary fon file is OK.
finally have some time to continue on with this, I tried the esp32 download tool with exactly the parameters above and the demo files and I am getting an error in the CMD window of ..
"imageIsOk()" failed at ....\src\msw\bitmap.cpp(922) in wxBitmap::CreateFromImage(): invalid image
even if I only select the bootloader.bin section or any single part. odd .. so I looked at using the esptool.py supplied and copied the loader script from the flash.sh (made for linux), that works but I get exactly the same failed to connect as I do with platformio and also the same timing looking at pulseview, not surprising since both methods rely on esptool.
So I ended up adding a 100nF between the B-E of VT1, oddly enough I cannot see any improvement in the timing on pulseview but it programmed first attempt and every one thereafter so I am leaving it in place. perhaps the timing the ESP sees is a little different to what my salaea clone probe is showing.
Looks like your connection to M5Stack Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.