Power Consumption

• Hi,

The m5stack is an impressive product!
    I'm wondering about its use as a long term data logger, and didn't see any data on power consumption of the various modules, or what the deep sleep current is.
    I'd like the power data so that I can calculate how long it could run on a battery waking up periodically to record data.
    Has any one measured power consumption?

Thanks.
    Jim

• I am also interested in this.

From the data sheet, the chip itself draws 10uA in deep sleep. Integrator's boards draw between 12uA to 10mA. The m5stack isn't very power efficient and with the the "leaking" speaker amp it may be in the high teens. I'll measure mine when I get home on Monday.

In the meantime you can start with this tuto on deep sleep mode. The mention of a limitation, or could be a bug of the esp32, it needs to wait 500ms after wakeup or it randomly won't wake up again.

• I received a USB amp meter, the Eversame dual and I'm afraid to say that the m5stack is very power hungy in deep sleep. I am reading 70 mA
    The test program based on that link I gave you:

#include <M5Stack.h>

#define uS_TO_S_FACTOR 1000000 /* Conversion factor for micro seconds to seconds /
    #define TIME_TO_SLEEP 3 /
    Time ESP32 will go to sleep (in seconds) */

RTC_DATA_ATTR int bootCount = 0;

void setup()
    {
    M5.begin();

delay(500);

if (bootCount == 0) //Run this only the first time
    {
    	M5.Lcd.printf("first time");
    }
    else
    {
    	M5.Lcd.println(String(bootCount));
    }

bootCount = bootCount + 1;
    delay(3000);

M5.Lcd.clear();

esp_sleep_enable_timer_wakeup(TIME_TO_SLEEP * uS_TO_S_FACTOR);
    esp_deep_sleep_start();

}

void loop()
    {

}

• Thanks for measuring this!

• And today deep sleep eats up 0.10A, either this meter is ~ or m5stack power consumption is whimsical. And after a few minutes deepsleep consumes 0.08A... I think what's happening here is the USB is charging the battery, as the battery is fuller the regulator drops current usage.
    So I took out the battery module and tada - current usage is stable.
    One core doing not much = 0.06A
    One core heavy gfx = 0.08A
    Two cores = 0.08A
    Two cores with heavy gfx = 0.10A
    deep sleep = 0.01A, that's 1000x the esp32 specs but similar to boards which don't even have a display.

登录后回复

与 M5Stack Community 的连接断开,我们正在尝试重连,请耐心等待