Here's the FCC submission for M5StickC Plus 2 include internal and external photos:
Apparent differences to M5StickC Plus 1.1:
- AXP192 is removed as it is end-of-line
- Magnet is now one small disc instead of two small bars
- battery lead is socketed
- now one board instead of two
- IC is ESP32-PICO-V3-02 instead of ESP32-PICO-D4 (now doesn't support external PSRAM, not relevant though). PICO-V3 has extra pin 20 for internal use.
- 200mAh battery instead of 120mAh
- Not clear where the buzzer is or whether there is no buzzer - not on the inside back as per M5 Stick C Plus.
- The rear sticker shows a few differences in internal GPIO pin allocations.
The twitter post @gavin67890 linked to says its been delayed due to some further changes though.