[CoreS3] I2C doesn't work...
Amedee last edited by
I can't get I2C working properly with my CoreS3...
- ENV-III sensor on Port A or Port B (no difference)
- Arduino IDE 2.2.1 with M5CoreS3 0.0.4
- Same with PlatformIO Core 6.1.11 with M5CoreS3 0.0.4
The issue is really weird:
- Connect a sensor on Port A or B
- Flash the "CoreS3 UserDemo" with M5Burner. Sensor can be seen in the I2C menu
- Flash a program using I2C (E.g. the
I2C_Tester.inofrom the sample folder)
- So far so good, it all works, we can get data from the SHT30 and the QMP6988 without any issue. Works on Port A and Port B.
- Power off the device completely (Battery off, USB cable disconnected), the re-connect.
- I2C doesn't work anymore (behavior is slightly different with the port: Port A times out and Port B just doesn't see any sensor, but none work)
- The only way to get I2C back is to re-flash "CoreS3 UserDemo"
I2C does work as expected with UiFlow, so I assume the CoreS3 and the ENV-III aren't faulty.
I would think that I2C isn't properly initialized at startup...
The PIO console sometimes shows memory allocation error during startup (before
0:40:11.059 > ESP-ROM:esp32s3-20210327 20:40:11.059 > Build:Mar 27 2021 20:40:11.060 > rst:0xc (RTC_SW_CPU_RST),boot:0x2b (SPI_FAST_FLASH_BOOT) 20:40:11.060 > Saved PC:0x40377900 20:40:11.062 > SPIWP:0xee 20:40:11.062 > mode:DIO, clock div:1 20:40:11.064 > load:0x3fce3808,len:0x44c 20:40:11.066 > load:0x403c9700,len:0xbe4 20:40:11.068 > load:0x403cc700,len:0x2a68 20:40:11.090 > entry 0x403c98d4 20:40:11.245 > [ 186][E][Wire.cpp:152] allocateWireBuffer(): Can't allocate memory for I2C_0 rxBuffer 20:40:11.247 > [ 187][I][esp32-hal-i2c.c:75] i2cInit(): Initialising I2C Master: sda=2 scl=1 freq=100000 20:40:12.143 > [ 1084][I][esp32-hal-psram.c:96] psramInit(): PSRAM enabled 20:40:12.160 > Initialize M5 20:40:13.660 > M5CoreS3 initializing...OK
felmue last edited by
on M5CoreS3 the 5 V on the Groove ports needs to be enabled explicitly. See section Power Management here.
Try calling below function in
ajb2k3 last edited by
@felmue there is also a king running issue with the ENV III unit
Amedee last edited by
@felmue That was the problem
Thank you very much!