M5STATION data storage

• Is it possible to have a data store on the Station 485.
    I've got the M5STATION for a review, and its mostly very nicely done. Nicely thought out mechanical, really like the switched power on the ports, and the RS485 interface.
    I'm trying to figure out how to store data locally. Its data in transit, however if the wireless fails the data needs to be buffered locally till the wireless comes back.
    What I'm looking for is a local file system to be a able to store rows in a .csv file.
    In other IoT boards its been on a uSD (TF Card) and that's available on other M5s
    I thought may the USB TypeA would support a USB stick - however this only switches power to the USB TYPE A, and no data connections - even though the ESP32-S3 seems to have USB OTG.
    Thanks for any insights

• @neilh20 said in M5STATION data storage:

Is it possible to have a data store on the Station 485.
    I've got the M5STATION for a review, and its mostly very nicely done. Nicely thought out mechanical, really like the switched power on the ports, and the RS485 interface.
    I'm trying to figure out how to store data locally. Its data in transit, however if the wireless fails the data needs to be buffered locally till the wireless comes back.
    What I'm looking for is a local file system to be a able to store rows in a .csv file.
    In other IoT boards its been on a uSD (TF Card) and that's available on other M5s
    I thought may the USB TypeA would support a USB stick - however this only switches power to the USB TYPE A, and no data connections - even though the ESP32-S3 seems to have USB OTG.
    Thanks for any insights

The station is a DowdQ6 not an S3 so does not support ota

• @ajb2k3 said in M5STATION data storage:

DowdQ6

Oww.. thanks for the enlightenment - I hadn't understood the '0' of the ESP32 world
    ESP32-DOWDQ6
    vs the ESP32-S2 or ESP32-S3
    https://docs.espressif.com/projects/espressif-esp-faq/en/latest/hardware-related/chip-comparison.html
    I'm revaluating. I need low power sleep (or power off), TF card slot, 3 UARTs, Wall Time RTC , 16MB flash with at least 2MB program space and OTA capability- and that is narrowing to a ESP-S3 and possibly a M5-CoreS3. Though I'm also want to plugin Cell LTE ~ Possibly Cell Modem U128 and RS485/Switched 12V - so needs external power with solar panel.
    I liked the switched port power on the M5station - oh well.!
    USB OTG would be extensible to have - especially USB Host if the software is available.