RTC unit and core1

• I am trying to make my new RTC unit RTC8563 to work with my core1 , but arduino IDE always get me a problem message due to the unit RTC .
    Would anybody be able to guide me through some help?
    I am slimpkly tring to compile the example code given by M5stack:
    Unit_RTC_M5Series.ino

/Users/bboxx/Documents/Arduino/libraries/M5Unit-RTC/src/Unit_RTC.cpp: In member function 'void Unit_RTC::begin(TwoWire*, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint32_t)':
    /Users/bbox/Documents/Arduino/libraries/M5Unit-RTC/src/Unit_RTC.cpp:33:49: error: no matching function for call to 'TwoWire::begin(int, uint8_t&, uint8_t&, uint32_t&)'
    _wire->begin(DEVICE_ADDR, sda, scl, i2c_freq);
    ^
    In file included from /Users/bbox/Documents/Arduino/libraries/M5Unit-RTC/src/Unit_RTC.h:12,
    from /Users/bbox/Documents/Arduino/libraries/M5Unit-RTC/src/Unit_RTC.cpp:1:
    /Users/bbox/Library/Arduino15/packages/m5stack/hardware/esp32/2.0.0/libraries/Wire/src/Wire.h:76:10: note: candidate: 'bool TwoWire::begin(int, int, uint32_t)'
    bool begin(int sda=-1, int scl=-1, uint32_t frequency=0); // returns true, if successful init of i2c bus
    ^~~~~
    /Users/bbox/Library/Arduino15/packages/m5stack/hardware/esp32/2.0.0/libraries/Wire/src/Wire.h:76:10: note: candidate expects 3 arguments, 4 provided
    Multiple libraries were found for "SD.h"
    Used: /Users/bbox/Library/Arduino15/packages/m5stack/hardware/esp32/2.0.0/libraries/SD
    Not used: /Users/bbox/Library/Arduino15/libraries/SD
    exit status 1

Compilation error: exit status 1

• Hello @breadbox

you most likely need to update the framework-arduinoespressif32 library. When I try to compile with version 1.0.6 I get the same error as you. However if I compile with the latest version 2.0.7 the compilation runs through fine.

Thanks
    Felix

• @felmue
    Waow, that was it.
    Would have never guessed something that crazy.
    Thank you so much

• Hello @breadbox

no worries. You're welcome. Glad it works for you now.

Thanks
    Felix