[Atom-gps-kit-m8030-kt] Doesn't work

• Hello!

Bought ATOM GPS Development Kit but it didn't come with any documentation. Even online documents or github code doesn't explain how to use it. For example clicking Atom button the LED color cycle from green to red then blue or all three but which should I use and what does the button do?
    Also the Tailbat switches off after some time while ATOM GPS is still on. I'm disappointed with this product which I can't even test properly. Left it even powered on from external power adapter outside for all night nothing.

Need help deciphering this pidgin English as there is no output to SD card in any mode.
    Indicator light
    TX: the power on blue light flashes, indicating that there is data output,
    PPS: 3D Blink after positioning, and it will not light if it is not positioned

• Hello @Otofoto

From your description I think the program currently running on your M5Atom is the Arduino button example which seems to run fine, but it has nothing to do with the GPS.

In order to read GPS data and write them to the SD card, you'll need to flash the Atom GPS example onto your M5Atom.

General documentation about the Atomic GPS kit you can find here.

Thanks
    Felix

• HelpLine: "Thanks for buying our car. How can I help you?"
    Customer: "How do I start it?"
    HelpLine: "Do you know how to drive?"
    Customer: "Do I know how to what? I'm not a technical person. I just want to visit different places in my car!"

Ok got it. Because of lack of user manual it was not clear from description(apperanlty machine translated) that it comes preloaded with wrong example and need to flash it with Easyloader before use.

• Hello @Otofoto

I think that was a mistake that your M5Atom wasn't preloaded with the proper firmware.

Anyhow, does it now work? Do you get GPS data?

Thanks
    Felix

• Thanks. It now works correctly.

• Still there is a issue. The Tailbat switches off after 25minutes and the logging stops.

• Hello @Otofoto

the TailBat shutting down if there is not enough load has been discussed before here.

Thanks
    Felix

• @felmue
    What? So it is not compatible with Atom GPS?

• Hello @Otofoto

are the aforementioned 25 minutes from a fully charged TailBat? That seems a bit short.

I've measured the power consumption of the Atom GPS kit (w/o sd card) and it takes about 100 mA. So it should not suffer from a premature shutdown due to consuming too little power as the shutdown current limit in the TailBat is about 45 mA.

The TailBat has a 190 mAh battery - so theoretically you should get close to 2 hours out of it.

Thanks
    Felix