How to connect the COM.X NB IoT and use is for mqtt or other requests

• I have an Core2 and the COM.X NB IoT with an unlocked SIM card for a data connection. Now I would setup an wifi access point and for internet connectivity I would use the 3G connection.

How can I use this module in UI Flow to get the connection .. for example to connect to an mqtt broker like I would do when the Core2 is connected to wifi? And maybe all other connected wifi clients can directly communicate with the internet and.

• Hello @mchott

in UIFlow 1.10.x have you tried the MQTT blocks under Modules - COM.X - NB-IoT?

Thanks
    Felix

• The first thing is the mismatch between the dip switch setting and the real setting for TX/RX with the Core2. If you have the Core2 TX:14 and RX:13 is the correct connection. After that I "Check module status" with success and "true". But the Network registration and GPRS network registration is 0 and the signal quality is 99. After that I tested my SIM in other devices and this is not the problem.

But there is no connection. Still an red led and an blinking blue led.

• Hello @mchott

in my experience a data SIM (for smartphones, LTE routers, etc.) is not good enough for NB-IoT. You will need a SIM card specifically for NB-IoT plus the NB-IoT service needs to be offered by the provider in your region.

Thanks
    Felix