Does there exist a doc/explanation of all commands/blocks used in UI Flow

• HI, a second post of this newby in UI Flow.

I unsuccessfully searched the internet to find a document that explains all the commands/blocks used in UI Flow. I found some but they are not complete. Or did I miss something?

E.g.: In the UI Flow part UI > Switch, there is the "set swtich(n) toggle". It is not clear to me what this block does:
    a) toggles the switch(n) logic state: if the state was: "off", it switches the switch state to "on" and viceversa; or
    b) the switch(n) is with this block assigned to be of the type "toggle switch".

I ask this because it confuses me . I saw that there are two other blocks for switches in the same section: "set switch(n) on" and "set switch(n) off".

• @paulskpt the closest English book is mine which is in the process of a rewrite. You can find the latest update version on GitHub if you search for UIFlow. I have been busy with a push for iot so that’s the delay

• Thank you for your reply!

• I think the switch is for status control but will look at it when back in the office tonight

• @ajb2k3 The past days I studied and experimented a lot, mainly with a M5Stack Core2 and a M5Stack CardKB. I learned a lot, partly with help from your Handbook. Thank you for publishing it. I have the custom to make notes of my experiments. This is my way of learning. It also helps me, in later moments, to remember myself what I did in that moment of experimenting. I used your handbook as a start. I decided to rework it and add to it things that I discovered. The document is now 37 pages. I saved as a .pdf file. In the final paragraphs I added a description how I managed to download (backup) all files that were on the device. At first I was, for instance, not able to download .IMG, .JPG, .PNG and some other filetypes. Then I used a method that uses the Thonny app to write files to a Raspberry Pi Pico, to download files from the M5Stack device to the host PC using Thonny. I want to share the file with you. I would appreciate to hear from you what you think about it. Unfortunately, this forum interface does not allow to upload .docx or .pdf files. only images, so I copied the .pdf to a Dropbox folder. Here is the link to that folder:
    [link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5cy7v623ksp8mp1/AAADNdYm3x8P5-iSQzkyDFx0a?dl=0].
    I'll keep this Dropbox folder available for some time.

• @paulskpt Thats some nice modifications to my book and some of the your edits will end up back in the book.
    I have only given it a quick glance and liking it so far. You don't need to put my name and title every where just put your project name as the front page and add "Based on UIFLow Handbook by Adam Bryant" and then at the back repeat the line but add a link to the git hub.

You can open a GITHUB project and use that as an upload site for your notes and sample codes.

I am in the process or rewriting and splitting up the book ready to publish as a series of smaller books on amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/IoT-M5Stack-UIFlow/dp/B09TMN922R/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3C4O3LFO61URP&keywords=UIFLOW&qid=1646979598&sprefix=uniflow%2Caps%2C131&sr=8-3

• @paulskpt btw, if you plan on publishing, you may need to replace some of my images as the should be in a resolution of 300x300 dpi but some of them may have been compressed. You can fix images using the free image editor GIMP

• @ajb2k3 Hi, Adam, thank you very much for your rapid reply. I will modify the document conform your advices.
    The reason your 'name' : '@ajb2k3' is shown on every page was that I had put it in the header of the MS Word document. Until now I did not know your real name: Adam Bryant. My name is: Paulus Schulinck.
    I will create a repo on my GitHub page (@PaulskPt).
    For manipulating images I use that longtime MS Windows utility 'Paint'. A Simple program. Gimp I know. I use it when I run a full Linux session (from a separate disk in my desktop PC).
    Never thought about publishing. I think I am not that good as a writer. Besides, English is not my native tongue.
    Visited the amazon page with your book. Looks nice!
    I am very greatful for all those people in the world that share their work as open software etc. I learned a lot from their publications. That is why, I want to do something in return.
    Would like to introduce myself more to you but I don't want to share some details here.
    Greetings,
    Paulus

• @paulskpt yeh I’m a long time GIMP user been using it since 1998 on a windows computer and now a mac.

I like to see people share their work and often encourage them to publish. You can pm me or email me. BTw consider creating a log on hackster.io

• @ajb2k3 Thank you for your reply. Thank you also for your hint about creating a log on hackster.io. By now I created a v2 of my document. I changed the titel into "My first steps with the M5Stack UIFlow IDE". In the document I refer to it as "my notes". The Intro I changed. I digged a bit into what is 'Blockly'. At the end I wrote a paragraph "About me". I uploaded v2 and I deleted the initial version. OK about pm or email. I'll contact you soon.

• @paulskpt Can you please explain what you mean with 'consider creating a 'log' on hackster.io ? I visited the website but I do not find a 'system' to create a 'log'. Perhaps you meant to write 'blog' ? I found various projects about 'logging ' but this is sure not what you meant.

• @paulskpt said in Does there exist a doc/explanation of all commands/blocks used in UI Flow:

@paulskpt Can you please explain what you mean with 'consider creating a 'log' on hackster.io ? I visited the website but I do not find a 'system' to create a 'log'. Perhaps you meant to write 'blog' ? I found various projects about 'logging ' but this is sure not what you meant.

yes, a blog or a project log. stupid autocorrect !

• @ajb2k3 ahh, thank you!