zootle last edited by
Just got a Unit KMeter.
I've tried the examples which work perfectly.
But there doesn't seem to be a way to detect if the thermocouple is not connected. The last value is returned every time when I disconnect the thermocouple.
Tuckie last edited by
Also looking for:
- Short to Ground/VCC status
- Source Code for firmware
- Details about flashing firmware onto KMeter
- Ability to set address (a custom flash would be okay)
Tuckie last edited by Tuckie
I asked for a copy of the firmware, and they delivered!: https://github.com/m5stack/M5UnitKMeter_Firmware
- Short to Ground/VCC status > turns out all 32 bits is actually sent over i2c, so this is fully accessible. I was able to combine the first 4 bytes and then use code from a standard MAX31855 library to parse out all the info. (I'm builiding out an ESPHome component)
- Details about flashing firmware onto KMeter (note, I just soldered on a header and used platformio to flash the project as that was easier for me than figuring out the i2c transfer method that is also available)
- Ability to set address > it looks like with the
CMD_REG_ACCESScommand, you can have it assign a new address (I may just flash a custom firmware rather than figuring this out)
ajb2k3 last edited by
@tuckie nice work, I'm waiting on UIFlow blocks in order to make a project.