USB communication

• Dear All,
    I like UIFlow but I am not an expert of Python. I have always programmed through the standard Arduino IDE.
    I need to interface my M5Stack Core 2 with MegunoLink. This can be easily done if I use the standard IDE, but I am not able to do it with UIFlow.
    Basically I need to send to my PC through the USB a set of strings such as: {XYPLOT|DATA|Name|x|y}
    Could you help me?
    Thank you very much
    Bruno

• Hello @brvus76

have you tried the print block? You can find it under Text.

Thanks
    Felix

• Dear felmue,
    At first thank you very much for your answer. I apreciate this.
    I tried. It works (!) but I have some problems. First of all, the data transmission is really slow. I tried to modify the row:
    print((str(((str(((str(((str('{XYPLOT|DATA|Analog Measurements|') + str(tt)))) + str('|')))) + str((adc0.read()))))) + str('}')))
    with
    print("{XYPLOT|DATA|Analog Measurements|}, tt, "|", adc0.read(), "}")
    but without success.
    Another problem is that when I open the USB communication from my software on the PC the M5 has a reset...
    Could you help me?
    Thank you!

• Hello @brvus76

I don't really know why the communication might be slow. I can only guess that UIFlow firmware maybe has some safeguards in place to prevent serial from flooding the line.

I guess that your software on the PC manipulates the control lines (CTS, etc.) on the serial port in a way which triggers the auto download / reset mechanism in M5Core2. Unless there is some setting in your software to configure that behavior I don't think there is much you can do.

Thanks
    Felix