Core2 A2DP Source

• I thought it would be cool to make an MP3 player using the Core2. Thought it would be a walk in the park.
    To my surprise Arduino has no support for bluetooth A2DP Source. ESP-ADF does. So I can't work with Arduino, and I cant work with ESP-IDF because Stack5 is so out of date with it's M5Stack-IDF.
    I can't be the only one who want to use BT to connect to an external BT speaker.

Why is M5Stack, so behind with it's M5Stack-IDF ?

• UIflow/micropython is the main programming environment for programming M5Stack devices however, M5Stack devices are built on the ESP32 and so you can go strait to ESP-IDF/ESP-ADF and program them directly.

Unless you have decades of programming experience, programming is never going to "be a walk in the park"

I spent all last night setting ESP-IDF up on a RPI4 and still did not complete it.

• @ajb2k3 said in Core2 A2DP Source:

M5Stack devices are built on the ESP32 and so you can go strait to ESP-IDF/ESP-ADF and program them directly.

True, but there is a hitch. M5Stack-IDF is over 2 years old now. I will loose to much functionality going that route.

I spent all last night setting ESP-IDF up on a RPI4 and still did not complete it.

That is probably a good thing, on a RPI it would probably take like 10 minutes to compile.