COM GPS with COM LoRaWAN module

• I'm wanting to build a mapper for the Helium Network (its like TTN). Basically, I want a Core (or Core 2) utilizing a COM.GPS and a COM.LORAWan 915. My hope would be that it could be configured to work without external power (seems like the Core 2 requires that the GSP, so it may be out of the running).

Has anyone got a COM.GPS working with a COM.LoRaWAN module? If so, can you explain or share your switch settings? Also, is this possible using UIFlow?

I've used EasyLoader to flash the COM.GPS sample code but all I get is "INVALID" responses on every field. I am getting a flashing blue light on the GPS module and I think I have the switches set to 5/13 (which appears to be the default setting for the Arduino sketch).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a picture of the switch settings I currently have on the GPS: https://photos.app.goo.gl/oKvUyTe9gzCbrAxv6

• Hello @arkieguy

if you use an M5Stack 5 / 13 should work.

However if you use an M5Core2 you'll need to change the DIP switches in the COM.GPS to 16 / 17. The reason for that is that the Arduino code for M5Core2 uses GPIO 13 / 14 which translate to 16 / 17 in the module.

from Arduino example for M5Stack:

Serial2.begin(9600, SERIAL_8N1, 5, 13);

from Arduino example for M5Core2:

Serial2.begin(9600, SERIAL_8N1, 13, 14);

Please also check this GPIO comparison sheet I've put together a while ago.

Thanks
    Felix