Fail to burn

• Hello,

I have setup my new Core 2 with VSCode/PIO:

MacOs Big Sur
    in PIO the Core 2 is configured as the following board: m5stack-core-esp32
    with Arduino framework and I have imported the M5Core2.h lib
    I can compile a simple code successfully but when I want to burn it I have the following error:
    Failed to write to target RAM (result was 01070000)

I tried at all different speeds with 2 different usb cables.

The CP21xx drivers were already installed (I am already successfully using ESP32 devkit v1 modules with the same setup) but I reinstalled them just in case....

I have then tried to burn the Core2FactoryTest with the m5Burner but I end up with the same error message.

Can you please help me?
    Thanks!
    Eric

• Jost got the same problem. After fighting hours without any success playing with upload baud rate, frequency and all parameters under the sky, realized that the factory short USB C type cable provided with the Core2 device just works :D

Give that a try.

Regards,
    Mark

• Thanks Mark but this is nothing to do about cables (I tried 4 or 5 different data cables).
    This is a known issue with Big Sur.
    I never got any proper feedback from M5Stack on this therefore I had to downgrade to Catalina and now all is working fine.
    I love M5Stack products but very disappointed about the support.
    Never got any follow up on this issue also I emailed them 3 or 4 times that the forum links we receive by email when subscribed are not working...never solved, never received an answer....I'm just giving up

• Did you try the cold install method to REMOVE the old driver BEFORE installing the new driver?
    The issue is with the SILabs chip which is tempermental at the best of times and yes as you have discovered, Big Sir is just crap.

• @ajb2k3 Honnestly I litteraly spent days trying to solve it... esp forums / github, MStack support, etc....
    I don't think the problem is coming from the chip, from the hours I spent reading forums and github threads it looks more like a bad implementation of python / esptool / pyserial in big sur.

And yes you're right: i want to be fair here, I downgraded mainly because of this issue with my core2 but also because I had continous crashes with Safari and the system was sometimes slowing down without any reason.
    First time I have to downgrade an operating system...Big Sur is definitely a Big Sxxt :)

• @erich said in Fail to burn:

@ajb2k3 Honnestly I litteraly spent days trying to solve it... esp forums / github, MStack support, etc....
    I don't think the problem is coming from the chip, from the hours I spent reading forums and github threads it looks more like a bad implementation of python / esptool / pyserial in big sur.

And yes you're right: i want to be fair here, I downgraded mainly because of this issue with my core2 but also because I had continous crashes with Safari and the system was sometimes slowing down without any reason.
    First time I have to downgrade an operating system...Big Sur is definitely a Big Sxxt :)

I'm so distrustful of updates that I'm still on mojave!