Stepper Module

• I just bought a couple of Stepper Modules. It looks like the schematics on github are not current or complete. Can you please update it? Here are some differences I found.

• The MS1, MS2, MS3 pins should be tied to High according to the schematic making the microstep mode 1/32 step. But in reality, they are all low, and the drive is in Full Step by default. Are these pins just floating? I want to drive these pins high for microstepping.

Also in this post, someone mentioned there is a solder pad for M1 but not M2 or M3. I don't see this solder pad on the board or on the schematic.

• There is no J2 header for ISP_Download on the board but the schematic indicates there should be one. No big deal because I was able to reflash with the 7x2 P2 header.

• Where are the crystals for the Atmega328 on the schematic?

• @krisz MS1 is indeed the only one that can be set to microstepping and the solder points are above the ISP connection but they are really hard to solder (I have done it but it was very difficult)
    I am told that the arduino and its components are under the stepper drivers!
    Crystals not on the schematics, didn't notice that.

I had to order a new module after killing the power regulator on mine and I need it for some M5Stack projects and videos.

• @ajb2k3 Thanks for the info. I see the three jumper pads above the 7x2 header. All of them connect to M1. The other two jumpers are wasted. More logical would be to have each jumper connect to M1, M2, M3, then have each of the three driver pins connected in parallel. That way, all three stepper drivers can be configured with matching microstep settings. Maybe they can update this on a V2 of the module.

• I did some more careful testing with the multimeter and found that the 3 jumper pads above the ISP connection do actually connect individually to MS1, MS2, MS3. I must have made a mistake when doing the continuity tests the first time since the pads are so tiny. This means any microstep configuration is possible. I confirmed this by shorting the middle jumper (MS2), which gave me 1/4 steps. I just want to update in case anyone else needs this as the info in this and other threads about only having a jumper for MS1 seems to be wrong. This module is great. Since you are able to program the atmega328 on board, it's like having a mini arduino uno with stepper drivers built in. Totally usable standalone without the M5Stack core.

• @krisz Thanks for clearing that up.