Ui Flow upload made persistent?

• Thanks for all useful info and support, M5stack are great developing tools.
    Q. Is there any way to make the script uploaded using Ui Flow persistent? every time the module is disconnected form usb or reset the script is gone and had to be uploaded again, how to make it to stay?

Again for some reasons when in Ui Flow I've tried to copy the script in python (select + copy) but it doesn't work, strange but I've found no way to copy elsewhere to study it later (even if I can modify it within the IDE / online editor)..

Any help?!

• @ipodlux said in Ui Flow upload made persistent?:

Thanks for all useful info and support, M5stack are great developing tools.
    Q. Is there any way to make the script uploaded using Ui Flow persistent? every time the module is disconnected form usb or reset the script is gone and had to be uploaded again, how to make it to stay?

Again for some reasons when in Ui Flow I've tried to copy the script in python (select + copy) but it doesn't work, strange but I've found no way to copy elsewhere to study it later (even if I can modify it within the IDE / online editor)..

Any help?!

The Download button is the setting menu below save perminatly stores it on the m5stack an m5 stick.
    The triangle is just to test the code.
    Sometimes code will fail to work in test but will work when downloaded.

• @ajb2k3 Fantastic! we should make a permanent help post listing all these tips!

thank you!!!

• Thanks, feel free to start one as I have been struggling with the wording for the tips.

• @ajb2k3 sure I will

• Thanks a lot for the information. Was not easy to guess !
    To help this tip to be found more easily by other users, I propose some keywords for the search :

• UIflow : how to remember program and launch it at startup
    • how to make UIFlow program persistent / permanent

Thanks again !

• Is there any way beside loading permanently the code and lunch it at startup to inhibit also the UIflow boot and network scan ?

So want just tu run the pure application code without the possibility to connecte to wifi and connect again to the online IDE via API KEY

thanks
    Davide

• You can upload your python script to memory and run it from the boot.py file. But you have to be very careful with editing it, because it contains all the code responsible for handling uiflow and menus. If you do it skillfully, you could run your code before it loads and runs the rest of the uiflow. And at the end of your program the rest would start as normal at startup. I don't know exactly what you want to get.

• @robalstona said in Ui Flow upload made persistent?:

I don't know exactly what you want to get.

Exactly what you describe so run the python script with no UIflow boot
    Like when you load a sketch vi arduino IDE

is there any guide to load directly the python script and how to edit the boot.py?

Davide

• I use uPyCraft to load/write files. There is another graphics editors like Mu or Tonny