Forum categories and release notes

• I think it would make sense to add forum categories for MicroPython topics and a separate category for arduino topics. Also there needs to be a release notes page for uiflow that indicates the new changes whenever an update occurs for this tool. It would be helpful to see documentation on the changes so users can help to more easily contribute.

• @jpilarskiForum categories and release notes 中说:

I think it would make sense to add forum categories for MicroPython topics and a separate category for arduino topics. Also there needs to be a release notes page for uiflow that indicates the new changes whenever an update occurs for this tool. It would be helpful to see documentation on the changes so users can help to more easily contribute.

Seconded,

• I agree. it is pretty hard to find specific information on this forum. I currently cant do anything about it as I do not have full administrative privileges. I am pushing for this one to get resolved though.

Are there any other changes that you would like to see? and I can make a note an implement them when we make the changes.

• @lukasmaximus
    I would add a UIflow category as well. Also in the Docs you currently have I recognize there is great improvement but you still need to make sure before a product is released there are example files for all three platforms (arduino, uiflow, micropython). I have purchased many of the units and while most are self explanatory and have at least some arduino code there is no info or few examples for the other platforms. For example, I have the makey unit and I see there are blocks in UIFLOW and I see in the docs there is a link to UIFLOW but it doesn't take you to an example file and that is really frustrating. I feel like it should be policy to not release hardware until you can check off those three boxes and make sure the documentation is as crucial as the hardware itself. The thing that initially brought me to your products was the graphic design. Those initial posters of the product were really well done and provided a cool overview of what the m5stack could do. The branding was very strong and fresh. I appreciate you all are putting energy into the design of these products but I'd say way less of the led cat ears and rubberband butterflies and way more on the education side of things. I am sorry to be critical but I think those sorts of things lessen the seriousness and the value of the brand. To me the M5 is an amazing shortcut to learning about electronics and programming and it offers the potential to even prototype industrial solutions (PLC, stepper driver, rs485, etc) I think that all that is really unique and should be more of the focus. All I am trying to say is keep the design of the product in tact and put more energy into developing a site with excellent documentation. Make the documentation as good as all that early graphic and product design you all did and this could rival adafruit. My question to you is how can the community help make that happen because the forum isn't enough. There also needs to be ways to more easily share code and for you all to curate tutorials. Basically just more more more information. thanks

• Divide the forum into groups ie,

News,
    Documents,
    FAQ's

Core/Go/Fire
    Camera/Stick
    Official Modules

General Code,
    UIFlow,
    C/C++,
    Micropython,
    M5ez

General Product Discussion,
    Hardware Discussion.

• @ajb2k3 That sounds great. I'm not sure if you are suggesting Camera/Stick is meant to be one category or two but I would break that into two for sure. I think it might also be great to have a user applications page. Similar to how arduino curates their home page to show off interesting user projects. Really the most important thing is access to information and to make sure documentation is as well developed as the M5satck is.

• Maybe an M5ez group as well?

• @jpilarski said in Forum categories and release notes:

@ajb2k3 That sounds great. I'm not sure if you are suggesting Camera/Stick is meant to be one category or two but I would break that into two for sure. I think it might also be great to have a user applications page. Similar to how arduino curates their home page to show off interesting user projects. Really the most important thing is access to information and to make sure documentation is as well developed as the M5satck is.

The camera and stick share the same base hardware so it just seamed right to have them as one forum.

@rop said in Forum categories and release notes:

Maybe an M5ez group as well?

Opps forgot that, sorry

• Maybe the units should be in a category as well. I know you already listed modules such as servo, gps, etc.

• @jpilarski said in Forum categories and release notes:

Maybe the units should be in a category as well. I know you already listed modules such as servo, gps, etc.

That's a possibility but some issue with one module affect similure modules.
    That would resault in multiple identicle posts.
    However the CNC, lidar and Bala module, I suppose, could do with their own sub forums.
    Then again, if an identicle post concerning multiple module does exist, it could be moved to the FAQ forum.