Unable to create simple EZData entries on M5Stack Atom Matrix

• I've made the simplest example of an EZData Post I could using UIFlow with the following Pyhton output:

from m5stack import *
    from m5ui import *
    from uiflow import *
    from flow import ezdata
    import wifiCfg

rgb.set_screen([0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0])

wifiCfg.autoConnect(lcdShow=False)

ezdata.setData('[key removed]', 'asdf', '1')

When I try and run this, I get the following back in the serial terminal:

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "flow/m5cloud.py", line 82, in _exec_fun
      File "<string>", line 17, in <module>
      File "flow/ezdata.py", line 13, in setData
    Exception: [Errno 12] ENOMEM

Is this hardware just not powerful enough for the EZData library?

• Still haven't found any luck through searching on this one as most of my results talk about far more complex projects that aren't being hosted on the ATOM. Is it possible to use the EZData library with the ATOM Matrix? If so, is there a list of common libraries that do or don't work so I can get a better idea of what my limits are?

• @otacon239 this is an “out of memory “error

Please try adding an execute block with

import gc

to the setup and an execute block with

gc.collect()

To the beginning of the main loop

• @otacon239 it’s a memory issue

• At the moment, the ezdata cloud is not working. All requests are timing out. E.g:
    curl https://ezdata.m5stack.com/api/store/keys/[key removed]
    is returning after 1 min:
    <html>
    <head><title>504 Gateway Time-out</title></head>
    <body>
    <center><h1>504 Gateway Time-out</h1></center>
    <hr><center>nginx/1.17.9</center>
    </body>
    </html>
    There seems to be a major issue on the backend of the EZDATA service since a few days.

• Thanks, I have an RPI and use a local MQTT server with Node Red for my tests.

• @otacon239

@otacon239 said in Unable to create simple EZData entries on M5Stack Atom Matrix:

Still haven't found any luck through searching on this one as most of my results talk about far more complex projects that aren't being hosted on the ATOM. Is it possible to use the EZData library with the ATOM Matrix? If so, is there a list of common libraries that do or don't work so I can get a better idea of what my limits are?

I am having the same issue with the atom lite. Remote + works but even a simple request to ezdata at startup fails.

• Which firmware version are you using?

| Experienced problems pushing data to EZData with 1.9.8 on Atoms. Reproduceable error not occuring after reverting to firmware 1.9.7.