[Core2] How to disable speaker tone during booting / power-up?

• Hello @Testing123

I don't see a setting in UIFlow firmware to disable the tone during boot. There is a setting to enable / disable the LED but I guess nobody at M5Stack has thought about adding a setting for the tone as well. Maybe that will happen in a future version of the UIFlow firmware.

Thanks
    Felix

• Hi @felmue, thanks for your confirmation.
    I am going to add this request to the Wish List.

• Ugh. The early uiFlow firmware way back in version 1.2 (I think) had a dreaded startup beep… it sounded different, but was still annoying. I put in a request years ago and they eventually turned it off by default and then eventually you could control the on/off in the settings. Looks like they brought it back with no way to turn it off ☹️

• Since Core 1 UiFlow firmware doesn't beep during boot, I am using this Core 1 with UiFlow for experimentation while using Core 2
    with Arduino. Once gain enough knowledge with Arduino programming, perhaps getting rid of UiFlow altogether...

• I second this!

• I accidentally deleted the wav file in the res/ folder on the Core2 flash (don't remember the exact name of the file). But you could just rename it. Now the startup sound is gone. So this is a qick'n'dirty fix if you don't want this sound.

• Hello guys

if you want to get rid of the startup tone in M5Core2 you can add this Execute code block in your program.

try:
      os.rename('res/ding.wav', 'res/ding_dis.wav')
    except OSError:
      print('ding.wav already renamed')

If you want the tone again, rename it back or re-flash UIFlow onto your M5Core2.

@ondrej1024 : thank you for mentioning that great idea.

Thanks
    Felix

• Thanks ondrej1024 for scripts!
    This is very good for temporary fix.
    For permanent fix, I hope one day M5Stack add the option to dis/enable audio in firmware.

• Hi guys

good news. UIFlow M5Core2 firmware v1.10.0.1 finally allows to enable / disable the boot beep via the Configuration menu in the brand new M5Burner v3.0.

Thanks
    Felix

• @felmue said in [Core2] How to disable speaker tone during booting / power-up?:

Hi guys

good news. UIFlow M5Core2 firmware v1.10.0.1 finally allows to enable / disable the boot beep via the Configuration menu in the brand new M5Burner v3.0.

Thanks
    Felix

That's good to hear, it's driving me bonkers listening to it every time I reset and I reset alot