How do I invert a reading in UIFLow2?

• Ok so my brain has totally failed today which leaves me with the following question.
    This is the code I have so far:

0_1708766759351_Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 09.24.12.png

When the soil level Moisture increases the reading goes down. For correct readings I need the level to work in the complete reverse and go up as the moisture increases.

What do I need to change to invert the reading as numbers is hard for me to calculate today?

• @ajb2k3 if greater than > the desired value?

• Sorry why I mean is that when the Moisture level in the soil increases, the ADC value goes down and after the percentage calculation the percentage value goes down.

What I want is the percentage reading to go in the reverse but I cant seam to work out how.

• @ajb2k3 I understood and I suggested turning on the water when the soil was dry, which is what you wanted.
    So change the <20 to > 'some value' that is too dry.
    I have a ENV Pro that I thought the gas reading was in a direction that was not logical (helpful to the Brain) so I reversed it to display an increase, instead of a decrease.

VOC = (1 / gas_resistance) * 10000;

So I guess you could do a reciprocal of the ADC reading and scale it to suit, but that seems like more work to me!
    I only jumped in because your UIFlow program reads like C!!!

• @teastain Thanks you suggestion works I just did >50% to operate the pump and uploaded the code to the project zone.

What do you mean reads like C, is that a good thing or a bad thing because I was following a Maths exam guide for the formula as I had forgotten it.

• @ajb2k3
    This is Arduino C:
    It reads VERBALLY just like your UIFlow program!

If ((ADC8 / 4096) * 100 < 20) {
    DigitalWrite(9 = HIGH)
    }
    else{
    DigitalWrite(9 = LOW)
    }

But brackets and things.
    -Cheers

• @teastain Ah Ok thanks, I avoid arduino like the plague so didn't notice.

Hopefully that means that people can read the example and simply port to arduino.