m5Paper Sleep and Wake up

• Dear Community,

I'm slowly going mad. I've been trying for a few days to put my m5Paper into deep sleep and wake it up via timer AND touch, unfortunately without success. I have no power source at my place of use (display of temperature + temperature change via touch). Please help me before I go even more insane :)

Greetings
    Beo

• Hello @Beo666

could you share your code?

BTW: just to clarify, what exactly do you mean by deep sleep? Putting only ESP32 into deep sleep or shutdown M5Paper entirely?

Thanks
    Felix

• Hello and thank you for your response @felmue

I'm not really picky at the moment, whether it's deep sleep or shutdown. My aim is for the m5Paper to wake up and update itself every 60 minutes and also to update itself when I touch the display when it is in deep sleep / shutdown.

Greetings
    Beo

• Hello @Beo666

please find a deep / light sleep example here which wakes up from timer (every 10 s) or when the touch screen is touched.

The shutdown and wakeup from timer example is here using M5.shutdown(<sec>).

Wakeup from shutdown mode by touch screen is not possible due to the fact that the touch screen interrupt is only connected to GPIO36 of the ESP32 which is powered off in shutdown mode.

Thanks
    Felix

• Hello @felmue

thank you very much for your help.

What I have in mind is not possible. Shutdown switches off the Touch, deep sleep restarts the ESP and light sleep consumes so much energy that the m5Paper only lasts a few hours... if at all.
    Thank you very much for your time and the great code examples.

Greetings
    Beo

• The alternative is to use the M5Paper as an eraser which mean you do a HV write to fix the content on the display and then power it down and use an external interrupt to wake it.
    What about the dedicated ULP, and luck trying that?

• @ajb2k3

That sounds exciting. Do you mean another ESP that functions as an ULP?