How can I recover my M5Stickc Plus?

• Installing Marauder Firmware worked for me on the first try. This was the same day I received the M5Stickc Plus and without knowing anything about the device, I decided to try the first things I found on the internet. Now that I have learned a little more, I want to connect it with UIFlow but the M5 Burner application gives me an error and I cannot use the device. Does anyone know how I can reverse or solve this problem?

M5 Burner's error message:

--chip auto --port /dev/tty.usbserial-7952F10C48 --baud 1500000 --before default_reset write_flash -z --flash_mode dio --flash_freq 80m --flash_size detect 0x3ff000 /Applications/M5Burner.app/Contents/Resources/packages/tmp/wifi.bin 0x000 /Applications/M5Burner.app/Contents/Resources/packages/firmware/73ac327924a36f04c038a54fc2147b30.bin
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/Applications/M5Burner.app/Contents/Resources/packages/tool/esptool.py", line 17, in <module>
    import esptool
    File "/Applications/M5Burner.app/Contents/Resources/packages/tool/esptool/init.py", line 816
    raise FatalError(f"Unable to verify flash chip connection ({e}).")
    ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Thank you so much!

• What computer and what OS are you using?

• Hey, can you erase the stick?
    Another way may be to burn an micropython with Thonny und then try to install UIFlow.

Hope we find a way!

• @winni Yes, you use M5Burner to Erase and re burn new firmware to the sticks or you can use Thonny to wipe the stick and put python or circuit python on it.

• or you can brute for it in arduino by writing a blank sketch.

• @ajb2k3 I'm using a Mac Book Pro (2018) with Mojave.

• @winni Hi! I didn't know about Thonny software. I'll see if I can find it and try if it works for me. Thank you very much.

• @ajb2k3 Ok. First I will try formatting with Thonny and if it doesn't work I will try this last tip. Thank you so much for the info.

• If they all fail it means you haven't installed the drivers or the ESP-IDF software correctly.