Changing from Wifi to NB-Iot using a U111 Module

• Hi guys,

I'm having trouble with converting a code I put together for measuring temp and sending it to Blynk. the issue is it works fine using the wifi built into the M5Station but once I try converting it to NB-IoT (U111) I find its not that easy, I have been trying to find a little bit of code I can review that use's the M5Station with the NB-IoT U111 module to say send a test test signal and maybe if connected print a "connected " in the serial printer or even something on the screen of the m5station. Any help would be greatly apricated. Cheers in advance and I hope this isn't a question every man and his dog is asking as I've had a quick look at the forum and can't see anything.

• Hello @GAZZZ6

I don't see NB-IoT (SIM7020) as supported on the Blynk website. See here - Arduino connection types - Cellular (GSM/3G/LTE).

Also the Blynk code templates use TinyGSM which also doesn't support SIM7020 (yet).

Maybe consider a modem that already is supported by Blynk?

Thanks
    Felix

• Cheers for the reply Felix, had a small feeling that might have been the case but wondered why the NB-IoT module shows up in the Uiflow program and not be supported, would you know if there is another IoT within the Uiflow program that will support a SIM7020, as I've had this unit brought from M5 for awhile thinking it would be a great why of connecting my M5Station to the outside world :)

Cheers
    GAZZZ6

• Hello @GAZZZ6

I didn't realize you are looking for an UIFlow solution.

UIFlow has a configuration flag which allows to connect via modem instead of WiFi. However that option only seems to be implemented for M5Stack devices with can stack COM.X modules.

0_1693840640787_UIFlowConfigCOMX_20230904.png

I've tried to enable that option for M5Station, but it is ignored and the connection goes through WiFi still.

Thanks
    Felix