I'm looking for someone who can walk me through my project. For $

• I want to learn how to code, but need a little help getting things to fall into place. I'm happy to pay. I have a few disabilities I'm on the spectrum and deal with ADHD. They usually helps me with things like this. I have over 30 years of CAD experience and 14 years of 3D scanning and reverse engineering of 3D scans. If someone is interested in learning one of these skills or needs something done, I'm happy to trade. I know this sounds like a uphill battle, but its not. I catch on fast if I can see and do something that is geared more to my interest. I'm using a M5stack Tough, Earth Unit, a mosfet speed controller. Thanks for everyone's time.

• What are you trying to work out?
    BTW I have ADD and Dyslexia but help out where I can as welling as writing guides and creating YouTube videos

• @ajb2k3 Thanks for reaching out to help. I appreciate it more than you know. I'm going to attempt to make it work one more time now that I'm not worked up from being hard on myself. lol. I have a friend with Dyslexia, I can't imagine how hard that makes things. What is your Youtube channel? I also have large resin printers if you ever need anything printed in resin.

• @ajb2k3 I'm using Uiflow V1. I'm trying to setup a flood alarm with Earth Unit using digital. I'm pretty sure I've over simplified and over complicated this trying to use a digital signal. Would this be better accomplished using analog and setting a threshold for the alarm?

• @isoeek Well, for a start, Do not use the earth unit as it it a resistive water sensor and corrodes fast.
    Spend a little extra and get capacitive sensors.
    Analog or digital depends on what you want.
    Analogue is good if you want to read the level of the moisture where as Digital is on if you just want a simple on/if it detects water alarm.

I am working on testing out units for UIFlow2 and have the earth on my bench ready so will make up a quick program after work for both UIFlow and UIFlow2

• @ajb2k3 I'm using it for an emergency flood situation. I'll just order a capacitive sensor. Since this has mains power next to the potential flood area I will not risk it. Thanks for that bit of information.

• This is what I was able to do so far.

0_1691477046780_uiflow_block_1691477020498.png

• @isoeek Remove the loop inside the If/do as it not needed

• @ajb2k3 LOL! Thank you. I completely missed that.

• What motor module are you using?

I did some test of the earth unit last night and found out that if water raises above the black line, the unit will constantly read 1 in digital mode. Had some code issues with UIFlow last night and need to find my cap sensors

• @ajb2k3 said in I'm looking for someone who can walk me through my project. For $:

motor module

No worries on the cap sensor. It works reliable with analog and a low threshold. I'm using a DC diaphragm water pump that I'll be running with a mosfet speed controller. Here is where I got to last night.

0_1691574661223_uiflow_block_Main_Page.png

I need to add a speed controller and a SSR relay...I feel like I'm forgetting something. Last night was not a good night for productivity nor thinking. Sorry.

• @isoeek I know that feeling too well. Unfortunately the M5Stack SSR is not very powerful unless you get the ACSSR but you will still be limited on current

• @ajb2k3 said in I'm looking for someone who can walk me through my project. For $:

I'm sorry to hear you know the feeling. I have a few decent SSR lying around. I would have just bought the ACSSR if I would have known they existed. They are probably better than what I have and would have made integration easier. I'm only running 6A 120V AC, this is split to a 2A and 4A circuit. Thanks again for providing guidance and support as I figure this out.

Would you mind making a suggestion for resistors for M5stack. I keep seeing mention off them and know it will only be a matter of time before I need them, and I hate to not be prepared.

• Suggesting a resistor is not as simple as it sound as it depends on the initial current draw of the device.
    I blew the fuse in the SSR unit three times before I stopped to check the initial current draw. While the Heatplate (in my case) did use less then the SSR's nominal current, on initial power on, the heat plate would draw 3 times the current rating of the SSR's switch current rating!
    Thankfully M5Stack placed a fuse on the the supply side to protect the SSR but I have yet to calculate what resistor I actually need for this scenario and hence the project went on hold.
    You can read more about the issue with the project here: https://www.hackster.io/AJB2K3/m5stack-smd-heatplate-dd46b9

• @ajb2k3 Oh, I was afraid it would be in depth. Thank you, I'll read through it.

• This post is deleted!