Special issue 1. Halloween 2018
Dimi last edited by
The purpose of this lesson
Hi! Today we will take a break and make crafts out of wooden sticks, paper and glue. When connected to the M5 will play a melody and periodically change the color of the led backlight. In order to give a little magic we use the simplest light filtering for red color (Fig. 1).
This tutorial will teach: collect the construction of wooden bars, cut paper, soldering and upload the sketch to the device.
Halloween-a modern international holiday, Dating back to the traditions of the ancient Celts of Ireland and Scotland, whose history began in the territory of modern great Britain and Northern Ireland. It is celebrated every year on October 31, on the eve of all saints ' Day. Halloween is traditionally celebrated in English-speaking countries, although it is not an official holiday. Since the end of the XX century, during the process of globalization, the fashion for Halloween paraphernalia has also arisen in most non-English-speaking countries in Europe and the CIS. Halloween is celebrated informally in some other countries that have close cultural ties with the US or the UK, such as Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand, in a number of Oceania island countries.
List of components for the lesson
- USB-C cable from standard set;
- colored wires from the standard set;
- soldering iron and solder;
- wire cutters;
- resistors 220 Ohms (3 PCs.);
- speaker 30 mm 8 Ohm;
- 3 V LEDs: red, blue, yellow (1 PC for each color);
- wooden bars 50 x 10 x 10 mm (9 PCs.).
Prepare wooden bars (Fig.1.1).
Glue the frame of the future screen using hot melt adhesive (Fig. 2 - 3).
Print (Fig. 4) and paste the screen without picture on the screen with picture (Fig. 5).
Stick the screen to the frame (Fig. 6).
Attach the LEDs to the bar (center beam) with hot melt adhesive and solder the resistors (Fig. 7 - 8).
Solder the speaker and colored wires (Fig. 9).
Glue the legs and speaker, install the center beam (Fig. 10).
Great! You can now connect to an Arduino-compatible device and download the sketch.
Repeat this device on the M5 base. To do this, use the following pictures (Fig. 11 - 13).
- Print screens (Yandex Disk): https://yadi.sk/i/YU-AtbjeiXhvfA
- A sketch for Arduino (in close cooperation with the M5 for a homework assignment) (Yandex Disk): https://yadi.sk/d/Z2Nc6cc1bcM09Q
- Sketch for Arduino (if without M5) (Yandex Disk): https://yadi.sk/d/ejXgKaaxWhUWjw
- Video demonstration (YouTube): https://youtu.be/zP5Wcgg2NgY