Could not find a valid BMP280 sensor, check wiring!

• @ajb2k3 I did install the UIFlow firmware. But I also used EZloader. So do I need to reinstall the UIFlow firmware everytime I want to use it or rather after I use either EZloader or Arduino IDE?

I feel maybe that the i2CScanner in the M5StickC example may only be looking at the Grove port. The device didn't come with any Grove cables, so I have to wait before I can test that.

Also, I found another I2C scanner which should I2C devices on Wire 1: 31, 51, and 68. Which I assume are the addresses for the microphone, the motion tracker and maybe the ESP32. And then Wire 1-2: 10, 5C and 76. Which I think is the geomagnetic sensor, the DHT12, and the pressure sensor, respectively. So at least I know the I2C is working.

So I can use either the EZLoader or Arduino (except it isn't working for ENV hat example), it seems like UIFlow isn't working for me either. And the info from the sensor is essentially useless, since it is so inaccurate. Too bad. Maybe when get the M5Stack-Fire, the sensors will be better and the i2C will work with Arduino.

What I haven't done yet is hook up the ENV sensor hat directly to the Arduino's I2C pins and see if I can see anything and, if so, if the values are more accurate.

• @happy-hippo Yes, if you use arduino or ezloader you have to reinstall UIFlow as they overwrite the UIFlow firmware.

Lets us know the resaults after you hook it directly to an arduino.

• I hooked up the ENV C hat to Arduino i2C pins. The Arudino was able to read the I2C addresses. 0x10, for the BMM150, 0x5C for the DH12, and 0x76 for the BMP280.

I was able to run an example for the BMP280. This outputs temperature too, apparently. The temperature was correct. The barometric pressure was low as before. The stated accuracy is supposed to be 12 Pa. But it is more like 275 Pa off.

I also ran an example for the DHT12 sensor. Temperature was correct. Humidity was closer. In my opinion, both measurements are acceptable.

I was not able to find a good example for the BMM150.

So, as expected, it is clear the M5StickC device is significantly affecting the temperature and humidity readings.

I don't know the reason why the official ENV hat example for the M5StickC does not work with Arduino iDE.

UIFlow does not connect in the Desktop IDE. In the Web based version, the API key is unknown and is shown as disconnected..

It would be nice if there was some indicator on the M5StickC which verifies that it is turned on. The only think I can see is the screen is dark gray, instead of black, when turned on.

• @happy-hippo If you install the firmware correctly you will get messages on the sticks screen asking you to connect to a web page 192.168.4.1 and select network to connect to.

There is supposed to be some way to calibrate the sensor but this isn't documented yet.
    I have some work in progress document in the project forum you can look into for some technical details but they are for UIFlow.
    Someone else tried connecting the hat to the stick using dupont cables to space them apart.

• When you say "install the firmware," are you taking about UIFlow? I installed UIFlow-v1.3.2 but the M5Stick did not display any message. The program indicated that the write was successful and the last thing it says is, "Staying in Bootloader"

• unplug the stick and press the power button to reset and it should work

• OK- I was able to get an internet connection finally, but I had to install the firmware again. After that, I was able to get the Web version of UIFlow working. I ran the ENV hat example but that didn't work. Then I upgraded the firmware to 1.4.1, and now it works. The values are off, as I previously mentioned but at least it works now.

I'm still not able to get the desktop version of UIFlow to work, but that will be for another day.
    Thanks for the help. I usually don't ask anyone for help but I was to the point of throwing the device away.

• @happy-hippo Feel free to ask for help at anytime as that is what I am here for and that is why I am writing two books on UIFLow

• Thank you. I was able to get UIFlow desktop IDE working by changing the M5StickC settings to USB mode. I followed these steps: (taken from another forum post)
    Power off stick
    Hold home
    And power on
    Now stick should wake up in boot menu.
    Inside there is a option and inside you can change it to pure usb mode

So I'm going to have to do this every time I switch from the web based UIFlow to the desktop UIFlow?

• @happy-hippo yes, you will have to manually switch modes.

• ENVII HAT on M5StickC works with the example by changing:
    Wire.begin(32, 33);
    to:
    Wire.begin(0,26);