M5 Stickc Arduino samples - Temperature reading issue

• Hi,

At room temperature when I run the samples(Factory Test ) for the M5Stickc, the temperature is being displayed as 57/58+ etc., This is certainly incorrect.

anyone facing similar issue.?

• @m5stickuser said in M5 Stickc Arduino samples - Temperature reading issue:

Hi,

At room temperature when I run the samples(Factory Test ) for the M5Stickc, the temperature is being displayed as 57/58+ etc., This is certainly incorrect.

@m5stickuser said in M5 Stickc Arduino samples - Temperature reading issue:

Hi,

Yes.
    we are not sure where the issue is but it could be heat generated by the stick causing the inaccuracies.

• Hi , what sensor are you used? ENV Unit? ENV HAT?

• I can confirm that it is related to the radiation from the M5StickC. When I connect the ENV-HAT with cables away from the stick, the sensor measures reasonable values.

Incorrect values if the ENV-HAT is directly connected:
    Wrong values

Correct values if the ENV-HAT is connected via a cable extension:
    Correct values

Correct values

• Nice work proving the issue.

• If the sensor is connected directly to the connector, the heat "passes" over the connector and additionally heats the sensor. The stick during normal operation heats up quite strongly which can be felt with a bare hand. The second thing is that the DHT11 / 12 sensors still increase the temperature reading by 2/3 degrees at least compared to the ds18b20 sensor.

• Hi all,
    @robalstona have you found a fix ? also i have the same problem and i would like to know if i need to use ENV Hat / ENV Unit / DHT22 Grove to have a good measurement

• It will be best if the sensor is connected 5-10cm away from the device. The sensor connected directly to the connector will be heated by the device through paths and goldpins and you can not help it.

As far as dht11 / 12 is concerned, I already subtract these 2-3 degrees in the program from the read temperature, which are overstated. But you have to check it yourself experimentally if the result is overstated with any other sensor in the temperature range you want to measure.

Unfortunately, I don't have dht22, so I won't tell you anything specific about its accuracy or results.