M5Stick-V (AI Camera) - Need a start guide!

• printf "Hello!";
    I've received M5Stack package recently, been playing with grey module but my main goal was developing with m5stick-V cam. I've plugged it into USB, tried built-in face recognition and thats it, Im stuck.

What IDE do you suggest? Libraries? Im okay with python/C++

Im new to computer vision and neural (if possible with this device lol) things. I want to try a gate camera which counts every man coming in dressed in white shirt (thats my goal example).
    Thanks!
    break;

• Hey Thrasher, I know you saw my post already, so this is for anyone else that comes along and see's your question. I've compiled a link/info dump on the M5StickV here: http://forum.m5stack.com/post/5162

As for your test goal, I'd say check out the Machine Vision demo's on the Sipeed github page: https://github.com/sipeed/MaixPy_scripts/tree/master/machine_vision. They show a "find face" and a "find green" demo. I imagine you could first look for a face, and once found, look for a large percentage of the color white. For something more advanced, you could search for a pre-trained model that detects "humans" instead of faces.

• @sboger Yep, thats exactly I was thinking about, algorythm like this: Detect human > Detect head > identify face > check for white %

I will stick to your thread then since I believe you will progress there better than me and will try to contribute aswell if I discover something useful,
    Thank you

• @sboger Please could you advice me about how works the grove connector? Mainly I would like if the pins are configurable to can Use it as UART.
    The connexion type via USB is UART? Or is serial via VCP?
    Basically I want send the bbox info (coord and class) to a SoC, and I guess I need to use print the bbox print(i) via uart.
    I'm really very lost (Im a total begginer), as I now k210 support configure any function to any pin, but I don't understand the stickv schematic, I think I should set pin34 and 35 but send me a error

• @fpsychotic said in M5Stick-V (AI Camera) - Need a start guide!:

@sboger Please could you advice me about how works the grove connector? Mainly I would like if the pins are configurable to can Use it as UART.
    The connexion type via USB is UART? Or is serial via VCP?
    Basically I want send the bbox info (coord and class) to a SoC, and I guess I need to use print the bbox print(i) via uart.
    I'm really very lost (Im a total begginer), as I now k210 support configure any function to any pin, but I don't understand the stickv schematic, I think I should set pin34 and 35 but send me a error

Your request is a little outside of a beginners guide and as of last check it is not covered by the M5Stack or Miaxpy docs.

If you can flash M5Stacks firmware and follow the AI training then its a start but it get confusing beyound that (I am also a noob to the stickv)

• So far Ive trained camera to recognize couple of items (found on my table) and it showed me pretty good results. My next idea was to capture couple of same objects same time but I got stuck because of my poor python knowledge.
    Sorry for not updating for that long, Im doing 2 more projects parallel, not enough spare time for camera now. Good thing is that m5stack will provide more docs/examples/anything by the time Ill grt back to it :)

• I could wrote with parts from here and there my own code, without know absoluty nothing of coding.
    What I got:
    YOLO 20 CLASSES maix example but with all the features of StickV, as turn off,torch,etc. Draw the boundary boxes with better size and more clear bounds. Send via USB the coordinates,fps,class of the bboxes. Maix example only give FPS
    Any MOBILENET example code as 75 classes, or my own trained model keeping the features of the original firmware as Torch,buttons etc, as if you train your own model you lose that things. Send via USB Class of the object, fps and size of the inference (I think but not sure, I print kpu.foward (task, img) )
    My trained model recognize all the kind of surface of my house, parquet, carpet,tiles, etc my rabbit and people. It works very nice. It is to pass that info to my robots.
    The think is I dont know what protocol use via USB, I think is Uart via VCP, but not sure. I would like to know the grove connector if is programble and how, pins 34 35, it should be possible, but no idea for what is used, if is fixed to I2C, SPI or what.
    Now what I want to know too is how get bbox in mobilenet models, it only give text, but dont draw boxes.
    Example of UART there is in the chinese version of MAIXPY wiki/ API.
    The web of training is just amazing and worth more that any support from MAIX, M5Stack should not leave the support in hands of Sipeed, their support and realibility is null.
    https://www.instructables.com/id/Object-Detection-With-Sipeed-MaiX-BoardsKendryte-K/
    Follow this guy, he helped more that the own company, and check out all possible OPENMV IDE and forums, that is from MAIXPY was forked