Call for articles with your product on M5Stack!!

• Hello!! We call for articles with your product on M5Stack.
    Please apply here with comment if you would like to write your own product articles in the official forums of M5Stack!!

Theme of this series

• Product introduction by Developer

Content

• up to you

Sample template format for articles

Maker Info - self introduction
    Product Info - product introduction
    Purpose
    Production process - step1 step 2 step 3
    Feature / Flaw
    Message to M5Stack
    Information

Thank you!

• I've got several on the go.

• Sample template format for articles

• Maker Info - self introduction
    • Product Info - product introduction
    • Purpose
    • Production process - step1 step 2 step 3
    • Feature / Flaw
    • Message to M5Stack
    • Information

• @ajb2k3 I am waiting forward to see your post!

• @salty_good

My name is Abraham Stolk, I am an indie game-developer from Vancouver, Canada, who turned electronics-maker.

My latest product is the Desk-side Stock Ticker.

It is a tiled-panel of 4 OLED displays that are used to scroll stock quotes on.

alt text

By default, it will scroll the stock quotes from the DOW-30 Index. But you can configure the symbols to use, over wifi.

The stock quotes are downloaded from the Internet, with a 3 minute refresh.

To connect it to your WiFi network, you use the WPS button of your home router. It was really easy to get going, thanks to the WPS example in the Arduino IDE.

I programmed it in C, using Arduino IDE.

It runs on either Stamp-C3 or Stamp-C3U.

I love the white-look of the Stamp-C3U: it is the best looking μcontroller in existence, I think. Although the black Stamp-C3 is a little easier to program, as you do not have to force it in bootloader mode the first time you use it.

Overall, I am a big fan of your μcontroller boards.

alt text

The production process was prototyping on a breadboard to validate the design. Once it worked, I designed a PCB in EasyEDA, and had JLCPCB manufacture the PCBs. Assembly was done in my home-lab.

I am particularly proud of how I managed to take cheap 1.3" OLEDs and tile them into a 140mm aggregate screen. Thanks to the fast SPI interfacing, I get high FPS out of it.