Not Connecting to Wifi - First Setup

• Trying to setup my new M5Stack (Core) for the first time; I'm at the Wifi setup point, but it keeps failing to connect to my local Wifi;
    LCD initializing...
    Done!
    WiFi AP WebServer Start!
    Connect to Wifi SSID:M5Stack-a00d
    And connect to esp via your web browser (like 192.168.4.1)
    listening on ('0.0.0.0', 80)
    {'ssid': 'XXX+2.4G', 'password': 'XXXXXXXXXX'}
    M5Stack Core try to connect WiFi: SSID:XXX+2.4G PASSWD:XXXXXXXXXX network...
    .....................................................................................................
    Problem. Not Connected to :XXX+2.4G

It doesn't even detect the 5Ghz connection. And won't connected to the 2.4Ghz wifi

• So apparently you can not connect to a WiFi network with a Space in the name; since I'm not going to go around and reset all the wifi connected in the 20+ wireless devices in my home, then this M5Stack is useless.

Furthermore; after getting it to connect to a hotspot (running off my iPhone) playing a tone: Speaker.beep freq:1600 duration: 200ms (same shown in an example video from M5Stack.com) the device crashes and reboots every time..

• Hi Slumnit, sounds very unusual. Which firmware are you using? and do you have anything connected to the gpio ports of the m5stack?

• @slumnit said in Not Connecting to Wifi - First Setup:

So apparently you can not connect to a WiFi network with a Space in the name; since I'm not going to go around and reset all the wifi connected in the 20+ wireless devices in my home, then this M5Stack is useless.

Furthermore; after getting it to connect to a hotspot (running off my iPhone) playing a tone: Speaker.beep freq:1600 duration: 200ms (same shown in an example video from M5Stack.com) the device crashes and reboots every time..

What is your code that causes this crash?

• @lukasmaximus Nothing is connected; I had just opened it after it was delivered, and then follows some of the video available on M5Stack.com And whatever is the most recent virmware that i downloaded from M5stack instructed by the video on how to upgrade firmware

• @ajb2k3 I just did what shown here in the video https://youtu.be/rdz6hBoqamA?t=261
    using the uFlow to add the speaker.beep
    Mine doesn't make a short "beep" like in the video, it makes a distorted beep for about 3-5 seconds then reboots.
    https://streamable.com/wgw6v

• have you tried updating the uiflow firmware?

• @ajb2k3 well as I mentioned in the response above the one to you, I had updated the firmware according to the video on the M5stack.com website; as the only video available that walks you through the process, has you install the uFlow firmware.

I've flashed it several times in fact; with the same end results.

The worse part is the super annoying buzz that comes from the speaker; and then after it sitting there powered on for a few hours the cheap adhesive pads they used to attach the screen cover started failing, and the screen cover started lifting at the top.

• @slumnit said in Not Connecting to Wifi - First Setup:

@ajb2k3 well as I mentioned in the response above the one to you, I had updated the firmware according to the video on the M5stack.com website; as the only video available that walks you through the process, has you install the uFlow firmware.

The worse part is the super annoying buzz that comes from the speaker; and then after it sitting there powered on for a few hours the cheap adhesive pads they used to attach the screen cover started failing, and the screen cover started lifting at the top.

@slumnit said in Not Connecting to Wifi - First Setup:

@ajb2k3 well as I mentioned in the response above the one to you, I had updated the firmware according to the video on the M5stack.com website; as the only video available that walks you through the process, has you install the uFlow firmware.

Sorry missed the message above.
    Contact M5Stack via email and let them know. It sounds like you have a bad unit.

• I had the same problem. But I did decide to rename all my APs and every device connected. 30 minutes later, still can't get a device code, and it seems like it got stuck booting into the "Press next for instructions" screen, so I can't change the wifi if I wanted to :(