USB Device not recognised

• I was able to upload sketches to it if i dropped the upload speed to 115200 and i pressed the reset button when it was uploading but now windows (windows 10) isn't recognised the unit at all. I'm using the drivers that were recommended on the getting started section.

• Anyone know why this is happening?,
    I can plug it in and it works, but a little while later if I disconnect it and then reconnect it, this happens.

• I'm getting this with Mac.
    My solution was the 0.1uf capacitor between RST and gnd and use a CH240 usb adapter instead of the inbuilt one.

• @ajb2k3 I have put a 2.2uf capacitor between RST and gnd as thats what I saw in the forums, I don't have another USB adapter unfortunately.
    Is it the USB that is causing the issue?

• From what I understand, it is the driver for the inbuilt adapter that causes problems.

• @ajb2k3 Yeah, the strange thing is that I have another device which seems to use the same driver as they had the same name in device manager, and the other device seems to work fine.

• I have tried it on multiple computers and they are all coming up in device manager with "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

• I have just tried taking the bottom section off (the section with the battery in it) and it seems to be working fine now, as soon as I put that bottom section back on it doesn't work again, so strange....

• @kieran-osborneUSB Device not recognised 中说:

I have just tried taking the bottom section off (the section with the battery in it) and it seems to be working fine now, as soon as I put that bottom section back on it doesn't work again, so strange....

Interesting, I never made that connection before.

• Having the same issue again!!
    I'm using a USB Device Viewer and it says:

*!*ERROR: No open pipes!

===>Device Descriptor<===
    *!*ERROR: bLength of 0 incorrect, should be 18
    bLength: 0x00
    bDescriptorType: 0x00
    bcdUSB: 0x0000
    bDeviceClass: 0x00
    *!*ERROR: Device enumeration failure

• Wow! haha, just found the most weirdest solution,
    not sure if the USB port in the M5 stack is wired properly,
    If I turn the USB C cable around then it works, so it seems like the cable has to be a certain direction for it to work, I have even tested this with multiple cables all with the same result!, so if it's not working try rotating your cable!

• @kieran-osborneUSB Device not recognised 中说:

Wow! haha, just found the most weirdest solution,
    not sure if the USB port in the M5 stack is wired properly,
    If I turn the USB C cable around then it works, so it seems like the cable has to be a certain direction for it to work, I have even tested this with multiple cables all with the same result!, so if it's not working try rotating your cable!

this doesnt always work for me and i tried another cabel

• I had the same bizarre issue and I found the solution here ! Just turn the USB C plug around and it works ! Weird.