<SOLVED> M5Stack basic vs gray and SD card

• hi all
    I'm trying to use M5Stack-SD-Updater on M5stack basic (V2.61), but after flashing the M5Stack doesn't see the sd card....
    same process on M5Stack gray (v 2.4) works...

same behavior if I use M5Burner to burn lovyan launcher on the two controllers... with the same sd card, M5gray can access to sd and M5basic don't

I tried four different M5Stack basic unit ... same behavior!!

ideas?
    tnks a lot!!!

• I also had some issues with the M5Stack basic and SD cards. I was unable to read 9 out of 10 cards. In the end i ended up slowing down the SD card clock from 40Mhz to 10Mhz, this solved all the read issues for me. You can achieve this by editing the M5Stack.cpp file, in the function M5Stack begin SD is enabled using the following function:

// TF Card
    if (SDEnable == true) {
        SD.begin(TFCARD_CS_PIN, SPI, 40000000);
    }

I changed this to:

// TF Card
    if (SDEnable == true) {
        SD.begin(TFCARD_CS_PIN, SPI, 10000000);
    }

Since than i have had no more troubles reading from and writing to the SD card.

• tnks a lot to answer!!!

but I can't find where the M5Stack.cpp file is invoked....

mumble mumble...

• I trierd to modify the sd.begin() function in the used SD.h with the new frequency .... but no joy!!

still searching......

any ideas??

• in SD.h I changed:

bool begin(uint8_t ssPin=SS, SPIClass &spi=SPI, uint32_t frequency=4000000, const char * mountpoint="/sd", uint8_t max_files=5, bool format_if_empty=false);

to

bool begin(uint8_t ssPin=SS, SPIClass &spi=SPI, uint32_t frequency=1000000, const char * mountpoint="/sd", uint8_t max_files=5, bool format_if_empty=false);

and in sd_diskio.cpp:

if (card->frequency > 25000000) {
            card->frequency = 25000000;
        }

to

if (card->frequency > 10000000) {
            card->frequency = 10000000;
        }

.... and now seems to work!!

• Glad to hear it worked for you too!