Can I connect the Unit LoRaWAN915 to an ATOMIC GPS Module?

• I have an ATOMIC SPS device and would like to connect the Unit LoRaWAN915 to it. Is that possible and has anyone had any luck doing it?

• Hello @wwhite

the ATOMIC GPS module has its Groove connector unused, so yes you should be able to connect almost any unit (including the LoRaWAN915 unit) to it.

If not already done then I suggest you try the ATOMIC GPS module on its own first. Then disconnect the M5Atom from the GPS module and connect the LoRaWAN915 unit via Groove connector to the M5Atom and test that on its own as well. If you are happy with the results of each then try to combine the two.

Thanks
    Felix

• @felmue Thanks for the input. I wasn't sure what could be connected to the Grove port and didn't want to just plug in the LoRaWAN module and damage the Atom. I'm going to give it a go. Thanks again.

• @felmue I purchased a M5Stack LoRaWan 915mhz device and connected it to the Atom and was able to connect and send data to the Helium network https://www.helium.com/ now I need to see if I can get it going with the GPS too.

• Hello @wwhite

cool. Thank you for sharing and letting me (us) know. I am looking forward to hearing about the result of the combined setup.

Thanks
    Felix

• @wwhite did you manage to send GPS signals? Could you share what your setup looks like, please?

• I also have an Atom GPS module and a LoRaWAN868 module. I plan to use both of them together to track my bike. I already got the GPS running using ESPHome. Unfortunately there seems to be no LoRa integration into ESPHome.